Trusted Contributor

I don't think I will order take out again

I know how hard it is to work in food service ....this is a local very popular place that specializes in sandwiches and pizza.....I live in a studio in the back of my son's home and we order all together....kiddo picks up our order and when he gets it home realizes they did not put my order of a gyro in....now I normally cook every day and I like it that way.....I just wanted a gyro and a little breather to break up the same ole thing....we called them and they said they would deliver it within a half hour....almost 2 hours later gyro arrived and by that time I was over-hungry....opened it up and everything and I mean everything was soggy and cold and the cherry on the top there was a long hair right on top of my onion rings! gross! nope never again....thanks for letting me vent....oyyyyy!

Honored Contributor

Re: I don't think I will order take out again

[ Edited ]

I think I would, in a very nice way, let them know.  If you have ordered from them in the past without any complaints, let them know.  Everybody has bad days and sometimes there are worse days but don't let that go without letting them.  It could have been a new person in charge of your order and that person might never deliver or work there again, so one mistake is one mistake but if it happens again, time to not order again.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What an unpleasant experience. Don't blame you for not ordering again, nor would I. They have a lot of nerve.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a shame. When someone is all primed for a bit of a treat and it's a washout... I try now to remember to check my order before leaving for this very reason... Carry out mistakes seem more common than they should be... As for the ridiculously slow delivery and the hair, yes I might feel the need to let them know... They wasted your money and essentially left you with nothing that was edible...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I think I would, in a very nice way, let them know.  If you have ordered from them in the past without any complaints, let them know.  Everybody has bad days and sometimes they are worse days but don't let that go without letting them.  It could have been a new person in charge of your oder and that person might never deliver or work there again, so one mistake is one mistake but if it happens again, time to not order again.  

they did aplogize and it was not a new person, this is family owned and was a family member, they are normally really good, but last time I had ordered from them was pre-covid ....I do sympathize it is a tough gig to work

Honored Contributor

@northiie57  How disgusting and disappointing. 🙁

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry, that is very disappointing. We haven't been eating out much at all. I would be very upset if on the rare occaision we did order something, we got home and found all of it wasn't there. 

Esteemed Contributor

That's gross!  Gosh I'm in bed with food poisoning from Panera!  I just told my DH the same I am done eating out! 

Trusted Contributor

I've found take out during Covid is hit or miss.  Some foods are better eaten as soon as they're served.  Packaging them in cardboard or some other type of container can change the quality.  It's frustrating too when you get all the way home only to find something's missing from the order.  Had that happen a few weeks ago.  And of course, it's not cheap.  I've really narrowed down my choices to a local Greek place and an Italian restaurant/pizzeria.  Even one of my favorite seafood restaurants just isn't that good as a take out place. 

Honored Contributor

If you've been pleased with them before I wouldn't say never. Every restaurant has a off day. Most places will make it right though if you aren't pleased.