Respected Contributor

Re: I don't know if it's age, or just that I can reflect more now, but I don't seem to

"Some day we old folks will use cursive writing as a secret code."

I laughed. A funny thought indeed. As I look down to the end of the road, I pay more attention to family. I also immerse myself in my gardens and keeping them fresh and good looking. I try to do the same for myself, and do my best to look good when I go out.

Honored Contributor

Re: I don't know if it's age, or just that I can reflect more now, but I don't seem to

When I left the corporate world and became self employed, I found that I would then often ask myself  "Is this the best use of my time?".      

There's nothing wrong with re-prioritizing .... even several times a day.  Your time is yours to spend as you like.   What a wonderful luxury!

Honored Contributor

I'm 56, no where near retirement age. But I find that the older I get, the more patient and the since I am more patient, I stay with things longer. That might be because I know myself better now and I don't start projects that I know won't work for me. Regardless of much I want them to work. I anything related to crafts. I would so very much like to be artistic. And I have tried! Boy oh boy, I have tried....lol I would start and never finish and move on to something else "artsy". Not now. Now, I accept that I'm just not into it.
Honored Contributor

QualityGal wrote:

be able to stick with stuff (many different things) the way I once  did.  I feel like I move on from some things if there doesn't feel like there's some results or end in sight. I'm a fairly patient person, but not a time waster. Is it possibly age, or a combo of things. I wonder if other women my age, feel this way. (I'm retired now). I really notice it now.

Any thoughts, or others who feel it too at this age? Just curious.

Oh wow!  Honestly, I don't think I could add a thing to that.  I could have made your exact post.

I've recently been getting there and, like you, I was fairly patient before.  Now I find myself often emotionally turning off to something in a hot second and I'm done - over and out.

I think it might be my age and maybe a little of just being weary.   I'm weary, in that I don't see anything good ahead of me.  When you're younger you have a broader spectrum of 'things' to look forward to, to work toward, etc.  At some point I realized that I have nothing but to just get up each day and do all the exact things over and over.