Valued Contributor

I don't get the Beekman soap hype

I've been using a local, handmade goatmilk soap for about a year and love it. I keep seeing Beekman soap ads, etc...everywhere, so I wanted to try some, but never got around to buying any. My sister was staying in a hotel, and the amenity soaps were Beekman, so I tried them.

Bleck! is an understatement. The scent was yummy, the lather was good, but the dry feeling and "something" (I'm not sure what it was..some residue) that it left on my hands was noticably annoying. All the way home, I kept rubbing my hands together, trying to get rid of whatever "scudge" it left there. As soon as we got home, I washed my hands with my usual goatmilk soap, to remove the unpleasant "whatever" that Beekman soap left. It took a couple of washings to rid myself of it. Out of curiosity, I looked up the ingredients on their website and double yuck! Chemical garbage that was probably the cause of the residue on my hands.

Beekman is not goat's milk soap, it's just another pseudo soap with added chemicals that aren't necessary. I can't imagine using that on my whole body. 

Too bad, because it smelled good. I guess I saved myself some $$ by not buying 

Honored Contributor

Re: I don't get the Beekman soap hype

I was also underwhelmed by this soap as well as the cleansing wipes.  The goats are cute but the soap felt like there was something left on my skin even after repeated rinsing.  I don't have any allergies except mold but my skin was really itchy also.  

Honored Contributor

i love it!

i use the smaller bars and the larger bars at the sink and in my shower. my daughters like their face wipes, i send the lip moisturizers overseas, i have their lotion and hand wash caddies at two of my sinks, and i use their fresh air shampoo and conditioner in my rotation of hair products.

no dryness, no residue, leaves my skin moisturized, lasts a long time, smells good, lots of lather.

to each his own.....there are no "one size fits all" products out there, especially in the beauty industry.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I have used other goat milk soaps but nothing compares to Beekman. They are soft and creamy plus they leave my skin moisturized, They even got rid of my dry elbows and I have used scrubs and creams previously with no results. 

Trusted Contributor

@Quse it's what you said, hype.

Trusted Contributor

I have not tried their soap.  However, I compared their ingredients to another goat milk soap's website (small farm) and Beekman's goat milk was far down the list of long ingredients compared to the other (small list).  Also, I think Beekman uses powdered milk and not real liquid goat milk.  I'd like to know the percentage they use.  I would prefer to support a small family business.  

Honored Contributor

Isn't it great that we have choices????

Trusted Contributor

I'm a Zum girl. Lavender anise is my favorite scent.
Valued Contributor

@JillyMarieI like Zum too, but had to stop using. I think the mineral stuff they use to color their soaps irritated my skin.
Grapefruit is my fav of theirs...and anything with Lavender.

Respected Contributor

I have sensitive skin and hand eczema. Beekman does not irritate my skin. I love their facial wipes and currently using the body cream in the Honey Grapefruit scent, my favorite. Different strokes for different folks.