Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

....all of these "hot car" incidents are accidental. Just read a story about yet another one ---- two toddler twin girls!

15-month-old girls left in a hot car by their father.

Mother was out of town.

Story:

http://www.wlky.com/national/twin-girls-die-in-hot-car-incident-in-georgia-police-say/41062066?utm_s...

Do you believe all these deaths that are suddenly happening are all accidents, because I don't...

@YorkieonmyPillow, I just read this story on our local news FB page, it happened in GA, and the mother "was not" out of town, she was at work in Atlanta!

He has been arrested for manslaughter and I agree, how do you forget 2 babies in your car!  He is not talking to the authorities, which tells me he is guilty!!!

Trusted Contributor

There are so many horrible things that happen that we don't know the real story. But I do know that he will be death with maybe not in this life but it will be in the next.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio  I would like to add one more item to your very well said and comprehensive post........illegal substances.  In my previous life, every time there was an "incident" (and the workplace mandated a drug test post "incident") it invariably came back positive. 

Respected Contributor

The upcoming trial for another Atlanta case is in September, remember Justin Ross Harris?

The trial was in the process of voir dire for the jury in May, when suddenly the Judge granted a change of venue motion from the defense, so that jury was released.

The new trial is set to take place in Brunswick, Georgia, Cobb County, in September.

I am not certain if it will be live streamed or not.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't believe all of them are accidental. I think we are seeing dim-witted people doing their best imitation of copycat "accidents" and all using the same excuse - "I forgottttt!" Just how does one forget not one but TWO babies? It's a new way to get rid of kids you don't want and your wife can't point the finger as murder because "Gee honey I'm sorry, it was an accident - I'll never do it again, I promise." Ugh.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Too horrible to contemplate.

I do believe there are a lot of cruel, heartless people in the world, though.

So I would not believe that all are "accidents".

And how STOOOOOOPID is someone, anyway, who would leave a child or any living creature in a hot car like that?

So they are either supremely STOOOOOOOOPID or cruel and heartless.

Either way, they are responsible!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Deanie wrote:

@Mominohio  I would like to add one more item to your very well said and comprehensive post........illegal substances.  In my previous life, every time there was an "incident" (and the workplace mandated a drug test post "incident") it invariably came back positive. 

Very good point that I totally missed. Not just the use of illegal drugs, but so many people are becoming addicted to prescribed medications and doing anything to keep them coming, as well as becoming non functional because of them.

@Deanie

Honored Contributor

I find it shocking that our news media said in order to not forget a child in the back seat of a car you should place your cell phone back there.How is it that our phone is so important that we won't forget it but the child...

Honored Contributor

I have no sympathies for anyone that leaves any breathing being in a locked, hot car - be it babies, elders or pets.....they deserve what they get.

Honored Contributor

I do. I also know that the increase in hot car deaths coincides with an increase in temperatures over the last few years and that we've had heat waves in much of the country and places with more temperate weather have been hotter than usual.

Four hikers in Arizona died in one weekend because of the heat.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/21/us/heat-wave-deaths-summer.html