Honored Contributor

Re: I do watch PBS, and I'd watch more often if

PSB at some point will have to fund itself, I'll probably get yelled at for that statement too, but's it's what I believe, lol.

Respected Contributor

Jeremy Brett was my favorite Sherlock.....on PBS
Respected Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Justice4all said: I still am miffed at their dropping all those great half hour British comedies, retaining that unfunny "As Time Goes By".

Loved "Keeping Up Appearances."

For me, one of the funniest comedies EVER!

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Justice4all said: Jeremy Brett was my favorite Sherlock.....on PBS

Where I live, that series was actually shown on A&E, not PBS. That was way back when Arts & Entertainment meant just that, not bad reality shows and reruns of CSI.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

I love pbs, except they have too many pledge drives ..and repeat the shows over and over.

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2015 lulu2 said:
On 3/24/2015 sidsmom said:

I, too, used to watch PBS all the time, but the special programming got to be too much. I love British comedies....in fact back in the 70's, KERA (Dallas) was the first public station to broadcast British comedies. But whenever I settle in for some late night comedies on Friday night....there's a Doo-Wop band. Flip on Saturday night....there's Suze Orman. Flip on Sunday night...there's Peter, Paul & Mary! Replace like for like...if it's normally cooking show, replace with a different cooking show, not Suze Orman, you know?

It's so inconsistent when their fund-drive is...it's a shame. Know many people that don't watch anymore just for that reason.

I receive a monthly TV viewing guide to PBS. I know when there will be a fund drive and when there will be regular programming.

We are fortunate to have 3 different PBS stations in our viewing area. There is almost always something that grabs my interest.

I'm not a great sleeper and often times in the wee hours of the morning, Rick Steves in on to take me away.

I have 3 also.

Respected Contributor

Hyacinth, with you! Love "Keeping Up Appearances". Oslo reading books on physics...
Esteemed Contributor

I was watching my recording of the last Roadshow and at the end it said Mr. S and the midwives will be back this Sunday. Good!

Respected Contributor

Looking forward to Poldark, a period drama, which the British do so beautifully. I am watching "Jewel in the Crown" about the British military and families who resided in India during the 40s. Have learned a great deal of history. There are so many murder mysteries now I could never keep up with them all. One of my favs is Doc Martin, for comedy. Love the Roadshow as well.

Respected Contributor

I loved ""Jewel in the Crown"".