Trusted Contributor

Re: I do have other visitors

Yes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @MamaWick ,

Great pictures. Been following your story just not posting. The pix you have here are a lot like the visitors we have on a regular basis.

Ours however are mostly nocturnal and getting pictures would be next to impossible. Just recently, we too have a Fox visiting. My wife is gone Pet Sitting and she always has her camera in her hand(danged cell phone), don't tell her I said that.😉

She usually takes care of the feeding of the "critters", but I handle this when she is off on her jobs. I'm a bit more frugal than she is with portion sizes. At times she does ask me to do it when she is home, I think because she can't help herself with plate sizes for our visitors.

Hope you and PapaWick are doing well, we are fine. Give a hello to W from me. Take care now,

JOhn(hckynut) 🏒

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut  PapaWick says hi right back.  Our best to you, C, and all your critters.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick -

It looks like Buckley rules the forest!🥰-

and wow! Is that a fox?!

I love that you were able to get a picture of him too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@MamaWick  You definitely have a way with animals! 🙂 

How wonderful to see them all!  TY!

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay  yes, a fox

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Valued Contributor

we had three deer in our backyard yesterday and they were having a real smorgasbord on our plants. I know some people would do something to get rid of them to protect their plants  but I like animals more than plants and they have to eat.

Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick - Ah, the word is out - your yard is the place to be and be safe. Love the pics. What kind of hummingbird do you have?

When I lived in NJ, we had bear, deer & babies, fox, woodchuck and many different birds of prey, ruby throat hummers.

Now, I live in the South and we have ruby throat hummers, fox that drinks out of our fountain, alligators (not in my yard), anole lizards, rabbits & babies and many species of snakes. I don't mind everything but could do without the snakes, lol.

Honored Contributor

@Luvtuna wrote:

we had three deer in our backyard yesterday and they were having a real smorgasbord on our plants. I know some people would do something to get rid of them to protect their plants  but I like animals more than plants and they have to eat.

@Luvtuna  The deer eat our hostas. I use Deer be Gone. They don't like the smell and leave them alone. They still nibble on some tree leaves.

Esteemed Contributor

@riley1  I have no clue other than the 3 that frequent are green in color.