Respected Contributor

Re: I did a double take today ... WalMart

My Walmart has improved as well.  Thank goodness.  OP, I noticed you had bagged salad in your cart.  You are brave!  LOL!  Every dang time I purchase one of those bags, there is a recall somewhere.  I finally gave it up.

Esteemed Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

It must depend on the state!

I was in a Walmart today and our shelves for paper towels and cleaning supplies were COMPLETELY EMPTY.

No need to even go down that aisle...

Thats what I was thinking. I wonder what determines what states get the goods?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I shop at Walmart online and I have found paper towels but no Clorox wipes and the like.  I have others on alert that if they find some, to buy some for us.  Shopping online with delivery is my new normal now.  I plan to never go back to going to the grocery store shopping again if I can help it.  I don't know why I did not employ this method of shopping before. How could I have missed it? It saves time, gas, wear and tear on me, no distractions of things not on the list, can look at what is available, read labels and ingredients in detail and make my selections in my pjs. And I don't have to get all that food in the car and then into the house. Delivery is always on time and as we  are vegetarians, the fruits and vegetables are top of the line.

Esteemed Contributor

I walked into Walgreens today to buy a birthday card and there was a display up front with COVID related supplies.  I was able to buy my first sanitizing wipes (Walgreens brand) since all of this started. Also picked up two bottles of alcohol. I didn't need any of the other things like hand sanitizer gel, etc. but it was there for the taking - a sight for sore eyes.  The one thing that was still not on the shelves was disinfectant spray. Anyway, I left that store with a spring in my step.👍

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I found Isopropyl Alcohol at my WM today.  It was 91% rather than the usual 70%, but I bought a bottle.  It was the 1st I've seen since about March.

ETA: The had also removed the directional arrows on the floor at my WM, too!  It felt so subversive to just walk down an aisle, any which direction!

The clerk at my local Walmart was putting out a case of 24 bottles of Isopropyl Alcohol yesterday as I was walking by the pharmacy department and I remarked that I hadn't seen any of that in months. She said grab a bottle if you want it, it won't last long. When I walked by the area a few minutes later it was already gone. They're getting stock in, but as soon as it hits the shelves, its gone!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Well, so far I've tried 2 Walmarts within 5 miles of me, and still no Lysol spray, might try another one tomorrow, but then again, I think it is worthless!

Super Contributor

I was shocked to find a small canister of Clorox wipes at Target on a Monday.  Why I mention on a Monday is because that is the only day I've been able to get large canisters of the Target brand of wipes.  For some other reason they don't have them any other day of the week when I've been there.  

Regular Contributor

Think I have suggested this before on another thread, but get there early! I try to do "senior hours" where possible, especially at Costco. I have scored a 5 pack of wipes as well as a 5 pack of Lysol spray. It is rare, but your chances are better the earlier you can get out there. Can find TP and paper towels everywhere now - wipes, lysol and alcohol are still problematic unfortunately. 

Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I found Isopropyl Alcohol at my WM today.  It was 91% rather than the usual 70%, but I bought a bottle.  It was the 1st I've seen since about March.

ETA: The had also removed the directional arrows on the floor at my WM, too!  It felt so subversive to just walk down an aisle, any which direction!

The clerk at my local Walmart was putting out a case of 24 bottles of Isopropyl Alcohol yesterday as I was walking by the pharmacy department and I remarked that I hadn't seen any of that in months. She said grab a bottle if you want it, it won't last long. When I walked by the area a few minutes later it was already gone. They're getting stock in, but as soon as it hits the shelves, its gone!

@gardenman  I'm sure you're right.  I happened to walk down the center aisle & there were several shelves of the alcohol on a display unit in the aisle on the side facing away from the pharmacy.  I grabbed a bottle & walked over to the where the alcohol usually is in the first-aid section, thinking maybe they had the 70% stuff & the shelf was totally bare.  I think no one else had discovered the bottles of alcohol on that other shelf yet!

Honored Contributor

What's the deal with Lysol spray in the aerosol can?? I haven't seen any available since this whole thing started back in March. Woman Surprised

5521F2A9-B2B2-45A4-B3B8-EE2F6CECCA74.jpeg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~