Contributor

I’d like to replace my Temp tations

Any suggestions on something lighter in weight?

Honored Contributor

Re: I’d like to replace my Temp tations

We’re still using the dishes we got when we got married, but I’d love to go back to Corelle. Pretty patterns, lightweight. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Contributor

I’m still using my Corelli dishes too!🙂

It’s all the baking/casserole/serving dishes I want to replace. 

Respected Contributor

I have replaced most of my Corning Ware casseroles with Corelle Light - in white, so that they will go with any other color.  Getting older here and needed much more lighter weight casserole dishes.  These work!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

Let's make it unanimous; I've put my Dansk stoneware away and have been using Corelle too

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Lenox has many beautiful patterns of dishes that are dishwasher and microwave safe.

Butterfly Meadow is pretty for both casual and more formal dining.

There are many sales at department stores and there are some outlets that sell Lenox china.

Trusted Contributor

I got rid of my heavy stoneware years ago, and replaced it with Corelle.  However, today's Corelle isn't the same as the stuff we bought when we got married...40 years ago.  It chips.  And, if you drop it, it turns into glass shards and dust.

So, we got rid of the Corelle, and bought two sets of Villeroy and Bach china, when Macy's had one of their really good sales with the extra percentages off.  We've been using that china everyday for about 4 years.  Not one chip or crack.

I had 4 place settings of Temptations, that I got at one of the outlets years ago.  I just got rid of my last pieces.  I loved the size of the bowls in that set.  Never exposed any of the pieces to the oven, or the freezer.  Was eating popcorn one evening, and my bowl split in half.  Done with Temptations!

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

Corelle

Frequent Contributor

Funny you should ask! Three months ago I pulled my 35 year old, seldom used, Lenox china dinner plates out of the china cabinet and put my old stone wear dinner plates out for recycling. I am glad I did it. These plates are lighter and even think my food tastes better.

Honored Contributor

Corelle for us too.