Honored Contributor

Re: I’d like to replace my Temp tations

I've been using (unleaded) Fiestaware for decades.  I love it.  

I've been considering changing to Corelle or something lighter but just can't  let my Fiesta go.  I think of all the time we were at my Grandpa's when I was young and his original pre-WWII (leaded) Fiestaware.  I inherited it when my uncle died a few years ago.  I can't use the leaded stuff but have great memories of my childhood at Grandpa's.   

Esteemed Contributor

Hands down......Corelle Corningware.

Esteemed Contributor

I know you're looking for some kind of ceramic ware, but I was at Pier 1 recently, and they have a thick melamine that actually looks like pottery. I bought some as accent plates because they look like hand made pottery. They come in tons of colors too. Of course, they have the thinner figured melamine and of course ceramic and pottery. It's a thought. I'm kind of a table setting freak, so I have a little of everything as well as china. I find myself using the ones that work in a dishwasher and kind of leave the china hidden away.

Honored Contributor

The newer Corelle is not the pyro-ceram that made it famous. I use my Blue Willow every day; decided if it was good enough for company it was good enough for family....not one chip or crack and we don’t baby it. I also have white Corelle platters that DH likes for his breakfast and pizza, etc.
if you go to shopworldkotchen.com you can find all things Corelle. World kitchen bought Corning a few years ago.
Honored Contributor

I’m in the minority, I do not like Corelle. I don’t think I’ll ever give up my Fiestaware for every day dishes.
Honored Contributor

I use my larger Fiesta bowls outside as a birdbath...also the squirrels can lean on the rim to drink the water without tipping it over.
Esteemed Contributor

used second-hand corelle in college...and use it now...i'm almost 69....because of arthritis....what goes around...comes around!

Honored Contributor

For years now, we have used Apilco Tradition porcelain dishes (dinner, salad, bread&butter, etc.).

They are white (always our preference for everyday dishes), dishwasher and microwave-safe, and porcelain is nearly indestructible.

WS carries them and often has sales.

Timeless in design, these bread and butter plates are by Apilco. The French company has supplied culinary professionals with restaurant-quality porcelain wares since 1906, providing dinnerware that is is wonderfully versatile and suitable for everyday dining as well as entertaining.

• Made of high-fired porcelain.
  • Microwavable; oven and dishwasher safe.
  • Set of four.
  • Made in France.

Apilco Tradition Porcelain Bread & Butter Plates

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Grammyto3 wrote:

I’m still using my Corelli dishes too!🙂

It’s all the baking/casserole/serving dishes I want to replace. 

all my baking/casserole dishes are 70's pyrex....my serving dishes/platters are corelle....