Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'd Like to Suggest

[ Edited ]

I was researching the San Francisco earthquake from April 18, 1906, for some writing I'm doing but wanted to see photos from before the quake. I googled San Francisco 1905 and came across a YouTube video that I found to be amazing and ethereal. The video was actually made in 1905 and is not a commercial movie. There were no road rules; they just wove around the streets missing each other. The following year 80% of the city was destroyed by the quake and 50 fires that it caused, so many of the buildings were lost and so were 3,000-5,000 residents. There's a short version and a longer version with added music. I know many of us don't like clicking on unknown links, so I'd like to suggest googling as I did.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily 

YouTube is a wonderful source for vintage photos. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I'd Like to Suggest

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Desert Lily 

YouTube is a wonderful source for vintage photos. 

It sure is!  Lately I've been watching a lot of videos made in the 20s , 30s, 40s & 50s...some are those old school education videos that were so popular years ago. 

I also found a blog  called Glamourdaze and they also have a YT channel that has all kinds of vintage videos on life in America in times past.

Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily  That was very interesting. Thanks.🌸