Trusted Contributor

Re: I counted my wine glasses

@Jtdmum  I also have a few plastic ones to bring to our Friday night gazebo events.. Happy to meet you my friend.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would SO put some votives in some of those and make an arrangement with flowers and greenery!

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  What a great idea.. 

Valued Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ, your cabinets sound absolutely gorgeous.  You've given me something to think about.  We're currently building a home in Florida and something along those lines would be perfect for my ever growing depression glass pitcher collection.  LuLu

Respected Contributor

I have my mother’s antique wine glasses. That’s it. I love them. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't care for the stemless variety.  I have small hands and for me they're hard to hold.  My husband  bought them when he was at the Masters Golf Tournament some years ago.

Enjoy yours!

I have some vintage Cristal D'Arques wine glasses and flutes that I love.  My favorites though are ones we got free at wine tastings at wineries in Napa, CA.

I actually have ton of glassware of all kinds that belonged to my great grandmother but it's packed away in boxes - just no room for it all.

Your collection is neat.

Respected Contributor

I do not have 39 but I have glasses for every type of wine. I also recently bought stemless, they are nice , easy to clean but I agree , they are difficult to hold, my hands are smallish. My favorite glass I bought in France at one of the castles on Loire Valley, sorry, chateaux.

Respected Contributor

Hello wine sista!  When you accumulate wine glasses searching for just the perfect one, you are someone who truly appreciates wine.  I'm with ya!  I've even given away wine glasses that weren't working for me to make room for any others I might find in my search.  If I walk into a thrift store, the first place I go is to the glassware section to see if there are any interesting wine glasses.  Nothing like finding a fantastic, unique glass for a buck!  With all this said, I tend to grab a stemless plastic glass with texture when I am drinking red wine.  It just feels right at the moment.  For that occasional white wine, I prefer the largest stemmed glass I have.  Strange how the glass selection enhances the taste of that wine.  And, the crazy part is, the glass selection depends on my mood of the day.  That's how I justify my "collection".  LOL!!!!  Enjoy.  It's all good!  Especially, with all the good news on the health benefits associated with wine. In moderation, of course.  Wink, wink.

Valued Contributor

Yikes - I have 36 stemless alone!  12 red, 12 white, 12 champagne flutes.

I also have my "good" crystal serving for 14, cheaper stems probably another 36.

We are ready for parties, obviously at our house!  We tend to use the same ones as well!

Respected Contributor

My wine glass supply keeps dwindling.  We break things Smiley Sad  Now I just buy inexpensive ones.  I don't care for the stemless either.  To me you might as well put it in a rocks glass or tumbler.