Honored Contributor

Re: I counted my wine glasses

guilty as charged......yes, i have quite a large wine glass collection. luckily i have a custom built bar where i can rotate glasses in use and on display.

my favorites come from tommy bahama, pier one imports, and from LOLITA. i especially love the christmas holiday glasses from LOLITA. i purchase a new one every year.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ

I think your description of your wine glass cabinet sounds beautiful!   Wish my cabinets were made the same!

I have a few of the stemless wine glasses and a few stemmed pieces.  My favorite are some old Phfaltzgraff champange glasses and the two a friend etched for DH and I when we got married with our name and wedding date.  They all "live" in the china hutch.  But as stated by a previous poster, I usually drink my wine from a small mason jar about the size of a stemless wine glass.  

Trusted Contributor

@knittykitty I just remembered that I also have a Ball mason wine glass... very cute.  That was a gift.

Honored Contributor

Wow, you have a lot of wine glasses!  I have just four; they are stem glasses and rather delicate.  I don't get them out unless it's company or a special occasion.  Otherwise, I use short tumblers, they work like stemless glasses.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have a lot of wine glasses, but I prefer the stemless.  They seem a bid more stable to me.  I haven't had any red wine accidents since making the switch.  

Honored Contributor

I have four stemless wine glasses purchased from Belk’s or Macy’s a few years ago. They are in different colors. I also have two stemless champagne glasses from my niece’s wedding last year.

Honored Contributor

I donated a lot of wine glasses earlier this year. Sets that had 12 glasses, now have 6. I still have too many.

Respected Contributor

I don't own any glassware at all, as I tend to break glasses easily. It's plastic cups for me! Smiley LOL

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Really don't drink wine, but have about 8 glasses ..... but if anyone needs a coffee mug, just let me know, well over 39 I'm sure..... Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

They are Riedel Vinum Gourmet Glasses (24.99 for two on Amazon):

Riedel® Vinum Gourmet Glasses (Set of 2)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland