Trusted Contributor

I have 39!!   I bought two new ones yesterday and realized I am running out of room in my hutch so I counted them.    I usually buy one or two at a time that are always a little different.    I have picked up some at estate sales,  have some that my parents had many, many years ago (those are my favs).    The two I bought yesterday are the newest style without the stem.    I have also bought them at wineries that we have been to.     The topper though is that I always drink my wine out of the same glass LOL!!     Think I will change that up tonight and use one of my new stemless glasses.    Anyone else love them?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I counted my wine glasses

wow!  i don't have 39 of anything!!

Respected Contributor

I have mostly long-stemmed wine glasses for both red and white wines.   A few months ago I decided to purchase a few of the stemless varieties.    I can't really say that I am impressed with them.   For one thing, they tip over very easily and second they are more difficult to clean.    Now I do have to say that the ones I purchased are made for champagne but many people use them for wine.    I have small hands and stemless ones that I looked at specifically made for just wine were too heavy and too wide for someone with small hands to easily maneuver.   

Since purchasing them and using them for a few months I find myself going to the regular wine glasses.     I will not be purchasing any more of the stemless ones.  

I love looking at wine glasses and your collection sounds beautiful.

Trusted Contributor

@J Town Girl I have to agree about the stemless.   Probably will not buy them again.    I didn't even add my champage glasses to the final count!    On another note guess this about all we can chat about anymore.    Nice to meet you..

Trusted Contributor

@nana59   That's it for me except for maybe shoes.   

Super Contributor

while I have appropriate wine glasses, I use a 'quilted' jelly jar, LOL

Honored Contributor

We don’t own any wine glasses. I don’t drink wine anymore as, for some reason, it started making me wheeze when I drank it so I just don’t bother anymore. 

But don’t feel bad about your large collection. I may not have any wine glasses, but I own 29 pairs of Toms shoes. 

We probably all have something we overdo it on, LOL.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

I don't own quite that many, but I totally understand how you can end up with so many @Junebug54 Between ones I've bought myself over the years or ones that my husband has given me as a gift, I have more than I'll ever need!  I also tend to always use the same one which is really silly.  I will have to follow your lead and use a new one the next time I have a glass.

I have a few stemless that I use once in a while for red (never use them for white as I don't want to warm up the wine when holding the glass).  However, I recently was gifted a set of insulated stemless glasses from The Paper Store and I LOVE them for rose or white wine in the hot weather.  They aren't as elegant as a crystal glass, but they do a great job of keeping the wine really cold.  They're also great for any beverage with ice.  Besides keeping it cold, they don't sweat in the heat.  They are also nice if you're outside as they don't tip over easily (they do have a cover if needed).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have three cabinets hanging from the ceiling over the peninsula in the kitchen. They have glass doors on both sides and glass shelves, I keep all my wine glasses and other beautiful glasses in them. I have old glasses from my Mother that she used to use. Different styles of both wine and champagne glasses. There are also lights in the cabinets which make for a pretty presentation at night. Yes, I have many glasses.

Honored Contributor

The best wine glasses for casual use are the ones that are short and have maybe just an inch of a sturdy stem. I believe that are sold by Riedel.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland