Esteemed Contributor

Re: I couldn't stop laughing at this!

I'm glad they didn't harm it.  I would be afraid though,too.  But creatures have a place in nature and jobs to do.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@doxie1 wrote:

@on the bay 

That phrase is a stronger way to say , "not just no but hell no". It is often used to show your serious feeling about something.

There also was Bishop Bullwinkle in Florida that made it a you tube sensation with his sermons using that phrase. He was a remarkable man. He passed in 2019 but you can see his videos on you tube.

Each "naw" magnifies the no.

I would need a change of clothes if I saw that snake. I can hear many people saying that.

doxie

edited to correct spelling of Bishop

That too... Assuming the resuscitation was successful... Woman LOL

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I am so cautious when I go out to weed.  Last week I was doing one section and when I went to walk around and adjust a  few pieces of the drip hose that  had become uncovered it moved. It was a black snake, believe me, I moved much faster than he did.,

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

We had a small 6 inch garden snake in our basement in our previous home, Well I almost had a complete stroke, not even kidding!  I froze in place and simply cried.   It is a fear from childhood though as walking through the woods I was standing on a path with my brother and suddenly my dad said look at me, look at me , very calmly,  then swiftly picked me up off my feet........there was a huge snake getting ready to wrap itself around my 5 year old little feet....enough said.  

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

I spotted a rat snake here at our condo property ....it slithered away.....  If I know the snake is not poisonous they dont bother me....and with a green belt and fields near us we get a lot of critters (field mice and such)....so the snakes serve a purpose.....Ive heard of areas in our city (apartments and subidivisions) being over run by mice, so rat snakes are good at keeping things in control.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Oh my....well my tale is a bit reversed from the OP's!!  As I walked into my very dimly lit bedroom and saw a small  blackish/brownish hairy looking ball on my bedspread.  Had no idea what it was, but was afraid to turn the light up; it might run off or jump out at me! 

I live alone and had no bat, no sword etc to hit 'it'!!!  So only thing I could think of was a can of Lysol. I crouched  down and snuck up on it - picture the Pink Panter inspector - to spray the 'thing' to death!!  As I got closer, I realized it didn't move.  So I crept up closer and saw...it was a pile of tassel that had come of one of my decor pillows!!  I started laughing so hard I literally wet my pants!!

Honored Contributor

@on the bay   We have gopher snakes, nowhere as large as this, I would have had a heart attack.  I have heard of enormous ones high up in the hills around here.

Honored Contributor

I can understand someone thinking a snake is a hose because something similar happened to my husband. He almost picked up a snake thinking it was a hose. He about had a heart attack lol. We used to live near woods and snakes would come into our yard. I was so glad when we moved. A friend of mine has a ranch and has been killing a lot of rattlers lately. It's not in my location.