Honored Contributor

Re: I couldn't believe the price!

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

The most amazing thing of all  is that they can keep a straight face when telling you the price ....

. . . while also saying it's the lowest price around and they are amazed that it doesn't have a "1" in front of it!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I don't think SG has anything to do with her prices.  It's QVC that sets them so you have to blame them.  Go to their FB page and complain.

QVC is the middleman, even though they claim they cut out the middleman, and bring everything directly to the customer.  QVC has to make money so they are going to mark things up to make that happen.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

Wages are going up and prices follow.

@dex  Wages may be going up for somebody (good for them!) but not so at my house!

Esteemed Contributor

I hardly buy any clothes here unless I see them on sale and mostly tops for I need petite

I go to thrift shops and I am not ashamed to. There is a SA that seems to have brand new clothes. I should say I do not work and am older than probably most here. The only thing I have splurged on are Sketchers and I love them. Took the chance and they worked.

Honored Contributor

@DoneTryin..where I live minimum wage is fifteen now

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@DoneTryin..where I live minimum wage is fifteen now

@dex  Not so much here in Denver - $8.23.  Might be seeing something on our ballot this Nov, though.  Yet the price of rentals has gone up well over 20% in the last few years.  This just confirms what I've suspected for a while now - the middle class no longer exists.  You're either rich or poor.

Honored Contributor

@DoneTryin I couldn't agree more with you.My son has a law degree and earns 20.00 an hour.He is actually worse off than if he made the minimum because he doesn't get any assistance.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Back on topic, I just saw an online ad for a strappy little cami for $48.  Say what?  A couple dollars' worth of fabric & some cording from the fabric store would accomplish the same thing.  With the remaining $45, you'd have a down payment for the jeans to go with it.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I assume this was a simple solid color tank.  If so compare that price with Talbot's solid color tank that sell,for $24.50 regular price currently on sale for $14.50 plus $8.00 S&H  available in 12 colors or Lands End solid tanks on sale for $15.00 plus $8.00'S&H available in 10 Colors.  Why people buy clothing from QVC at their outrageous prices is beyond me.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I assume this was a simple solid color tank.  If so compare that price with Talbot's solid color tank that sell,for $24.50 regular price currently on sale for $14.50 plus $8.00 S&H  available in 12 colors or Lands End solid tanks on sale for $15.00 plus $8.00'S&H available in 10 Colors.  Why people buy clothing from QVC at their outrageous prices is beyond me.

@KathyPet

This has been discussed before.  Many are willing to pay more, and sometimes double, because they can use easy pay.  I remember a poster was fine with paying hundreds of dollars more for an older model TV because easy pay was offered.

How are YOU? (and your daughter)