Respected Contributor

Re: I couldn't believe the price!

I've seen all the clothing offered by different vendors but, just not my taste.

Esteemed Contributor

I can not believe the price, either!!!!!  WOW, they better rethink these prices!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree the prices of Susans and all clothing on Q are terrible the past 2 years. The only clothing I may still buy on Q is their jeans. Only because the fit is always perfect. But otherwise I am done with clothing. I can and have been getting really nice tops in local dept type stores for 10 to 20 dollars on sale and have gotten tons of compliments when out w family or friends. Why should I pay 40 and 50? I dont work anymore and dress casual/put together, and only dress up if going to a party or event. What really gets me is how they sell what are basically t shirts for 40 and 50 bucks? No thanks lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Yes, I know I can go to Macy's or Gap tomorrow, as well as other local stores, and get some basic casual tops for about $20. We're not talking about high end designer items here...just everyday tops.

Respected Contributor

Tank tops make me look like a tank!

I avoid it at all costs.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 - You're quite right, it is mostly impulse buying.  We get online and check out the goods, before we know it, we're clicking order complete and BOOM there it is bought & paid for.  Then we're wondering (or some of us are) that was too easy, why did I do that? I don't need it, don't even really want it.  Will it fit, I'm not sure. 

Before you know it, it's at our front door.  Ripping open the bag, trying it on and guess what - why no it doesn't fit and as you said, we've just spent time, energy and a trip to USPS or UPS and spent $9.95 at least for NOTHING.

Wasn't the quality, certainly not a value, and NO it was not at all convenient.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

The most amazing thing of all  is that they can keep a straight face when telling you the price ....

LOL! And then they tell us to go ahead and buy at least 2! Fat chance on that. I watch then head on over to ebay and purchase there.....usually at half price. I use to purchase so much clothing from Q that I was on a first name basis with my UPS guy. Now I don't even know who he/she is. 

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

SG has been here too long I think.  Her prices (or what the Q charges for her stuff) is WAY over the line for what it all is. 

It's all the same tiresome boring stuff anymore.  There's no really great stuff of her's anymore.  We've seen it all - been there done that for sure.

SG needs really to move along and go back to selling in a store if someone will have her goods.  The stuff is old here these days/years.  Way done with all of it and the over prices points they want for it now.

I don't disagree, but I was told years ago that QVC owns her

line, thus there's no way she is going anywhere.  Actually I had a phone call years ago from someone at QVC, who told me they were considering buying her line and were calling to see what their custmers thought of the idea.  I suspect they have also purchased the LOGO line, since it is shown so often.

Respected Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

I can not believe the price, either!!!!!  WOW, they better rethink these prices!

I don't disagree that the prices are ridiculous considering the quality (or lack of).

But why do they keep raising the prices???  I think that is quite obvious.  BECAUSE THEY CAN.  QVC customers keep buying the "stuff" even though the prices have grown out of line.  And as long as you keep buying, the prices will stay up and continue climbing. Stop buying, and the prices will go down.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Funny you should mention last nights show. I was flipping channels with no intention of buying anything, when I landed on  Graver's show. I don't own at offer line, but they were featuring a striped, v- neck scarf top in navy, and  I thought it would look nice with jeans. Before I could talk myself out of it, I went to the web site, and it was mine. It was an impulse purchase pure and simple, and yes Her prices are high, but if I like it as much as I thinkI will, it will be ok.I should have stayed on PBS, LOL.!!

I liked that top too.  I would have bought it in black, but it sold out before I could talk myself into spending the money.  It was pretty . . . good for you that you got it!!

Not to cause you trouble, @LilacTree, but I just looked at the top out of curiosity and it's available in the black.  It's pretty but not my normal style.

I shop at stores with higher prices but they have frequent sales😊

I have realized lately that the automated ordering is often wrong, as is what they are saying during the presentation.  Last week I called the regular ordering phone number and the product was available.

Thanks for the tip!! 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986