Honored Contributor

Re: I could get lost for hours doing: _____________

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Enufstuff wrote:

Reading

Making sea glass jewelry

Sewing

Water color painting

@Enufstuff  My sister also makes sea glass jewelry. She finds the sea glass at her favorite beach and has all the tools she needs for making it. 

@Enufstuff @proudlyfromNJ I could easily spend 3 hours walking the shoreline looking for sea glass.  (That was going to be my response for this thread.)

The lifeguards must recognize me now because one came up to me and gave me a huge chunk of green glass.  It wasn't frosted on both sides, but I was very appreciative.  I save those pieces for other projects.

Would love to incorporate my finds into unique jewelry pieces, but would want it to be 14 kt.  Don't even know how to go about that.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Enufstuff wrote:

Reading

Making sea glass jewelry

Sewing

Water color painting

@Enufstuff  My sister also makes sea glass jewelry. She finds the sea glass at her favorite beach and has all the tools she needs for making it. 

@Enufstuff @proudlyfromNJ I could easily spend 3 hours walking the shoreline looking for sea glass.  (That was going to be my response for this thread.)

The lifeguards must recognize me now because one came up to me and gave me a huge chunk of green glass.  It wasn't frosted on both sides, but I was very appreciative.  I save those pieces for other projects.

Would love to incorporate my finds into unique jewelry pieces, but would want it to be 14 kt.  Don't even know how to go about that.

@Lucky Charm  My sister converted a bedroom into a jewelry making workshop. She has all sorts of tools. I believe she only does silver. She sells at markets in her area and makes a lot of money. She lives in another country where things are all more expensive than here. 

Honored Contributor

Isn't it interesting how you can get lost in a good book in a way that you can't with a tv show? I love it when I have a good book to look forward to. It makes me feel so rich.

I also find that time flies if I start playing spider solitaire on the ipad or tablet or phone or computer, so I can't let that happen until I have everything I need to get done done first.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Isn't it interesting how you can get lost in a good book in a way that you can't with a tv show? I love it when I have a good book to look forward to. It makes me feel so rich.

I underlined the above, @Porcelain  I feel rich when I've finished grocery shopping.  

I thought that was so funny that you used that term.  So good to know, someone else feels rich from something.  But I know what you mean.  I felt like that about Downton Abbey too.  I didn't want that to end.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

I underlined the above, @Porcelain  I feel rich when I've finished grocery shopping.  

I thought that was so funny that you used that term.  So good to know, someone else feels rich from something.  But I know what you mean.  I felt like that about Downton Abbey too.  I didn't want that to end.

I'm the same about fresh groceries! And when I find a great book and then find out there's a whole series by that author I can read, or when there's 6 whole seasons of a great show to watch and I"ve only just started...oh my that is such a great feeling.

Very rich! lol Like eating the first popsicle and knowing the whole box is still left for tomorrow. And if there's a second box in my freezer as well...my my my.

I try to make that kind of thing happen as often as possible because it makes me so happy. It's having such bounty and plenty and abundance. It's a balance, though. Having too much of anything doesn't have that appeal for me. It has to be just right.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Nature photography. 

Honored Contributor

I DO spend hours putting colors together and creating.Smiley Happy

Love it!

Honored Contributor

Researching and reading (Interested in most subjects).... Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

Sitting on the beach
Having a massage on the beach, HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Going on Nature Walks with my love
Holding a New Born Baby 🥰