Honored Contributor

I can’t stand the reviews here that are not written by QVC shoppers

[ Edited ]

I hate the reviews written by people visiting XYZ company or after being given the product for free in exchange for a review. I only like the reviews written by actual QVC shoppers that bought a product. I ignore all the other sources of reviews posted here. I wish QVC never started allowing these reviews. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I can’t stand the reviews here that are not written by QVC shoppers

I have found that you can't trust the reviews here unless you find some sort of a common thread among several hundred reviews.  Between the ones you mentioned, and the ones written by those who don't even own the product, the information is just not trustworthy.

Honored Contributor

I always read the reviews before purchasing and always look at the lowest ratings first.  If there is a common thread, e.g., runs big, poor quality, etc. I take it seriously.  I ignore those who complain about shipping, didn't want pockets in a garment that clearly stated it had them, didn't like the color, etc. etc.   I still find reviews worthwhile.

Esteemed Contributor

It doesn't really matter to me where the reviews are generated as long as they address the quality of the product.

So many reviews generated by QVC shoppers are complaints about shipping and/or opinions about a product they didn't even purchase.

Honored Contributor

The part of this that just makes no sense to me is that they "review" the reviews before posting them.

It would seem that that would preclude all the ones such as ones posted before they even get the order and other reviews that have little to do with actually reviewing the product.   But, it doesn't.   Color me confused on that.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I always read the reviews before purchasing and always look at the lowest ratings first.  If there is a common thread, e.g., runs big, poor quality, etc. I take it seriously.  I ignore those who complain about shipping, didn't want pockets in a garment that clearly stated it had them, didn't like the color, etc. etc.   I still find reviews worthwhile.

me too