Honored Contributor

Re: I can’t believe it but I bought a stun gun.

@Blingqueen023

If I could save a small child or any human being from being mauled to death or mamed and disfigured for the rest of their lives ....then I would thank the Lord I had a weapon on me that day.  It would be more scary to me to know the people around me could do nothing while I was being attacked and could just watch as my face was being torn off or a small child was being torn apart.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant wrote:

@Blingqueen023

If I could save a small child or any human being from being mauled to death or mamed and disfigured for the rest of their lives ....then I would thank the Lord I had a weapon on me that day.  It would be more scary to me to know the people around me could do nothing while I was being attacked and could just watch as my face was being torn off or a small child was being torn apart.

@jubilant Yes, but how often do you see this.  I haven’t seen this happen in front of me in my lifetime.  People carrying guns and stun guns is dangerous.  You look at somebody the wrong way, or get into an argument is way more prevalent.  Most people don’t think they react without thinking. Your chances of getting shot are much higher than running into a dog mauling a small child.  

I’ll give you a short story of what happened to me a few years back.  I was in a car with my best girlfriend at the time.  I had no idea she was carrying a gun.  A young male was driving and cut her off.  My girlfriend got angry.  The young male pulled into a gas station, she followed him.  She pulled out a gun got out of the car and started yelling at him while pointing the gun to his head!  I was scared to death.  I was pleading with her not to shoot him.  So you see, people can be so unpredictable and don’t think more than ‘I can see a dog mauling a small child.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Blingqueen023

Personally, I don't carry a gun.  I love to walk and wouldn't want to feel I had to give up my walks because of an uncontrolled neighborhood dog. 

We recently had an incident in our neighborhood that could have turned out very ugly between my neighbors black lab and another neighbors pit bull. My neighbor was walking her lab out in the middle of the street (on a leash) and the other dog came running out it's front door and had her lab pinned down by the neck.  The owner of the aggressor came running out and jumped on his dog and got him off the black lab....thank God.  It scared my young neighbor lady to death.  She pushes her little girl in a stroller around the block sometimes.  More and more I am seeing and hearing about people who have dogs who have no business having dogs.  Had that dog been trained to come back when called and heed a command this very well may not have happened.  I am sick to death of stupid dog owners.  That is where I am coming from. 

I agree that people like your friend should never be packing a gun.  She is not responsible enough. She is not even doing it to protect herself.  She is using it to intimidate and there is a big difference.  That would have scared me to death, too.  I wouldn't be going anywhere with her again if I knew she had her gun.  God help her to see it!    God help those around her!  She is a danger to society, herself, and you!  I totally agree with you on that.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@Blingqueen023

Personally, I don't carry a gun.  I love to walk and wouldn't want to feel I had to give up my walks because of and uncontrolled neighborhood dog. 

We recently had an incident in our neighborhood that could have turned out very ugly between my neighbors black lab and another neighbors pit bull. My neighbor was walking her lab out in the middle of the street (on a leash) and the other dog came running out it's front door and had her lab pinned down by the neck.  The owner of the aggressor came running out and jumped on his dog and got him off the black lab....thank God.  It scared my young neighbor lady to death.  She pushes her little girl in a stroller around the block sometimes.  More and more I am seeing and hearing about people who have dogs who have no business having dogs.  Had that dog been trained to come back when called and heed a command this very well may not have happened.  I am sick to death of stupid dog owners.  That is where I am coming from. 

I agree that people like your friend should never be packing a gun.  She is not responsible enough. She is not even doing it to protect herself.  She is using it to intimidate and there is a big difference.  That would have scared me to death, too.  I wouldn't be going anywhere with her again if I knew she had her gun.  God help her to see it!    God help those around her!  She is a danger to society, herself, and you!  I totally agree with you on that.

@jubilant  Thank goodness the owner of the aggressive dog reacted very quickly.  Who knows what have happened next.  I love animals.  I’ve never owned a dog, just cats.  I hope

I never in my lifetime witness anything so horrific a dog attack on anybody, much less a small child.  I do agree my girlfriend had no business carrying a gun, much less driving with one.  It doesn’t mix well at all.  Unfortunately, she’s no longer around.  She passed away of a heart attack.  We were both lucky we weren’t arrested.  Thank goodness your neighbor and her dog wasn’t hurt.  

Esteemed Contributor

There's absolutely no use speaking to anyone about pit bulls.

Some people just refuse the believe the facts. There's no talking to them.

Honored Contributor

How is the women and her dog doing?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Nancy Drew

Any dog leash laws?

hn

You can have leash laws ,but if people do not obey by them ,what good is that?

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.  I am a big animal lover, too....especially of dogs.  I get more mad at the owners than I do the dog.  Even though it may not be the dogs fault, human life must come first. As far as the gun control issue goes, that's a hot topic so..... as a favor to the mods and the op..... I won't go there....much as I'd like to!

Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Have to agree, they are just like any other dog.  So many people just want to believe they are all monsters.  The facts are all there.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Have to agree, they are just like any other dog.  So many people just want to believe they are all monsters.  The facts are all there.

They are not like other breeds.