Super Contributor

I can't believe I'm saying this.....

but I truly believe I'm done with QVC.  I bought my son-in-law a blue Halo Bolt when it was the TSV back in October.  I wanted to be sure it had a full charge before I wrapped it.  It would only charge to 3 bars out of 4, so I returned it.  BEFORE I returned it, I called Customer Service to explain that I was concerned about getting the exchange done in time but also making sure they would have the blue graphite in stock (the blue color is important).  I offered to go ahead and buy another before they received the return back but she assured me they had plenty of stock and she would "reserve" one in the system for me so I would receive the TSV price.  You see where this is going.

I have been checking daily to be sure the return was received.  It was received and processed today but I noticed they didn't ship the replacement out.  I called CS and of course the blue Bolt is on waitlist and the Rep showed nothing reserved in the system.  I asked her to escalate the matter to a supervisor, but she seemed rather unsympathetic (and I realize It's not her fault and she probably couldn't care less that I won't be ordering from QVC again).  

Between this disappointment and QVC Facebook messaging my daughter at College with the info on the Lug backpack I had just ordered her for Christmas (I don't even have FB but she uses my computer sometimes when she's home), I think the signs are there that at the very least a QVC break is in order.  Thank you for listening to my rant.  I gotta go figure out how to change my screen name to "IDONTLIKEMESOMEQVCRIGHTNOW" ;-).

Honored Contributor

Re: I can't believe I'm saying this.....

I'm phasing out too.  Tired of paying $10. or more if something isn't what I expected.  Also, the quality is down on most of the items now.   Will buy items that I absolutely cannot get elsewhere and that's about it.   By the way, years ago a few times I returned an item and asked for an exchange.  Never did get the exchange.  They always did a refund even though on the form I specifically requested  an exchange.

Honored Contributor

I have never, ever had a CS said they could reserve something because I've asked. I've asked because HSN DOES reserve the item. In fact, they will send it out at no charge as they are trusting you will send yours back. Amazing, I know. I've done it many times with HSN (sizes) so I know how it works.

With QVC, it's an entirely different world. I don't trust the "free exchanges" for nothing; I don't trust that an item won't sit in "processing" for weeks on end and I know that they don't reserve anything. You can't trust the CS reps because in the end, YOU'RE the one who is going to lose out, NOT them. I order the additional item, pay up front and then call back, as for the specific fees to be refunded to my card and that's that. 

So sorry you don't have the gift you wanted and were told would be there for you; it stinks.

Super Contributor

I bought one too and am returning it for the same reason...it will not fully charge!  I bought some last year that were fine, but these have too many problems!  THe new Halos are junk IMO!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Man Frustrated
Honored Contributor

I have always been told by CS reps that they couldn't reserve an item for  me.  I went ahead and ordered another one while it was available.

I'm sorry that you've had this problem.  Hope you find another gift in time.

Respected Contributor

I know what you mean. I recently returned a jacket that was made very poorly... a very long list including a piece of the back that "bubbled". It was a big mess in terms of quality . I marked it defective.

Waited one month to find they did not credit me with the return shipping. Called  and explained and was told they would credit the return shipping. Waited anther month for CC statement to find they did not credit my return shipping. Called again and was transferred to a supervisor. She told me "they"  did not find any defect so they did not credit me my return shipping. Woman Surprised I explained again (it was all written on the return slip). Silence. I said that I had been a long time customer and was not a liar. She reluctantly said that they would refund the return shipping but she was clearly not in agreement. What do I need ... a lawyer? I will find out when my next statement arrives if they did in fact give me the refund, but it will be a very long time before I shop with them again if I do.

This stuff just gives you a bad feeling. They should do a little research that will allow them to get back to their original customer service practices and philosophy.

Honored Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

I know what you mean. I recently returned a jacket that was made very poorly... a very long list including a piece of the back that "bubbled". It was a big mess in terms of quality . I marked it defective.

Waited one month to find they did not credit me with the return shipping. Called  and explained and was told they would credit the return shipping. Waited anther month for CC statement to find they did not credit my return shipping. Called again and was transferred to a supervisor. She told me "they"  did not find any defect so they did not credit me my return shipping. Woman Surprised I explained again (it was all written on the return slip). Silence. I said that I had been a long time customer and was not a liar. She reluctantly said that they would refund the return shipping but she was clearly not in agreement. What do I need ... a lawyer? I will find out when my next statement arrives if they did in fact give me the refund, but it will be a very long time before I shop with them again if I do.

This stuff just gives you a bad feeling. They should do a little research that will allow them to get back to their original customer service practices and philosophy.

It is absolutely asinine that they would quibble over refunding return shipping. More to the point, I'd bet my next meal that no one examined the item and determined it wasn't defective. If they routinely examined returns, then so many customers wouldn't report recieving clearly worn items, items that smell of perfume or of body odor, items that have tissues, gum, stains and other evidence of use and so on... If this is a company that is so blasted desperate that they have to bicker over five or so dollars and risk losing customers in the process, then maybe they really should just pull up their tent and disappear. Personally, I wouldn't miss them.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Meanwhile, rewind about ten years... The first year I began shopping with QVC and things were SO different... I'd ordered a Dooney bag as a gift. It arrived but I could tell the recipient wouldn't like the color. Time was growing short. I called CS and got a very nice and helpful person. Not only did they ship out the same bag in an alterantive color as an exchange and without charge, but they told me there was no hurry to make the return on the original bag, as long as it was made within the holiday return window... They shipped the replacement bag and it arrived in time for Christmas. Now THAT was a customer-centric approach. One that sadly I don't think we'll ever see here again. That warm, friendly, Q-family vibe they strive so hard to put out there is lip service and the real deal is clearly a thing of the past.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I find it hard to believe a CSR promised to "reserve" an item to to be shipped later when we all know with the Q's sophisticated computer system (Not!), this is impossible.  I think the OP must have misunderstood what was said.

Zappo's has the most simple and effective system of handling exchanges.  They will immediately send you the new item and give you a deadline for returning the unsatisfactory one.  If they don't receive the return within the deadline, they'll charge the new one to your credit card, as well as the old one.  They are protected and the customer is happy.  They pay the return shipping too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

This is why I prefer live chat, with a transcript sent to me if possible. No he said; she said. No one saying I misunderstood.