Frequent Contributor

I believe I received an Easter miracle

I feel compelled to share something that happened this morning, my hands are still shaking...Earlier yesterday I was anticipating a large grocery delivery late in the day.I felt like I need to have it earlyfiday instead,so was able to schedule.I had wanted fri.to run errands all day. So I stayed home today. About midmorning I went in the basement to store some paper goods and smelled smoke. Further into my basement black smoke and redness was near my laundry room. I ran over to the dryer which had net been used in a day or so and the back was burning. I clean this and the vent weekly,take the back off monthly and vacuum it, appeared the dryer thermostat would not shut itself off,no drum going around ,no light inside.I quickly used 2 fire extinguishers and burned my hands pulling it a way from the wall.I was hysterical, husband came home it was out . I am tearful thinking about my little shihtzhu who would have been home alone with the burning dryer. My home I love. I am still shaking.... I believe this truly was a Miracle, what if we had been asleep?. The fire alarms did not go off . I am Still feeling sick from this. Thanks is for listening, Maryanne
Respected Contributor

Re: I believe I received an Easter miracle

I wouldn't call it a miracle but it's okay if you want to think of it that way. You were very, very fortunate. You should get your fire alarms checked out pronto

Esteemed Contributor

Someone was indeed watching over you...glad that you and puppy are okay!!

Honored Contributor

So happy that you were home and that both you and your furry baby are OK...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Frequent Contributor

I can't stop crying , if our lives are spared we consider it Gods hand...maryanne
Esteemed Contributor

Maryanne, what a scare. I am so glad you were able to deal with the fire before it got out of hand.

Please investigate why your smoke detector did not go off. That is a serious and potentially life threatening issue. LM

Honored Contributor

Mary Anne, your guardian angel was working time and a half on that one. I'm sorry that your appliance is destroyed and that you were burned in the process out the fire.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for listening... Nothing I could ever lose would be as hard as knowing my little family wasn't safe. Thank you God for keeping us safe.. Maryanne
Super Contributor

You are indeed blessed.
Honored Contributor

keeper of the koi: I understand how you feel. DH and I had an explosion in our home. Our home burnt to the ground but I couldn't feel too badly because 15 minutes before the explosion DH and I were standing right next to the thing that exploded. It was so forceful it blew out the whole side wall in our garage. The Fire chief said we would surely have been killed if we had still been standing there having our discussion. I felt so fortunate, as did my husband, that we went into the house before it blew. I think our guardian angels were definitely on duty that day. So glad you and your little doggie are safe.