Respected Contributor

Re: I ate my first and last fried pickle

I've seen them on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and thought they would be worth trying. I like Tempura and it looked like the same principle-

But a fried Twinkie or Oreo? That might come under the heading of tried once and never repeated it again-

Esteemed Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

I've seen them on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and thought they would be worth trying. I like Tempura and it looked like the same principle-

But a fried Twinkie or Oreo? That might come under the heading of tried once and never repeated it again-

LOL!  there are some things that just should not be fried! 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Trusted Contributor

ABSOLUTELY NONE of the above.  I hardly try anything new, just plain boring meat and potato.  Plain Dill pickles, yes, fried, no.  My GD and her mom  went to dinner  and I was invited, at a THAI restaurant. I already had dinner and they thought it would be fun to gross me out. GD had sushi of some kind and exDIL had what I called fried frisbee, she said it was flat fish.  After dinner the delightful girls played marbles at the table.  Wanna take a wild guess what they used?.  Anyway, we had a fun night full of laughter and love....tedEbear

eyeball

Honored Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

@kdgn,  the fried cheesecake at Sonic is really good if you put it in the frig and eat it cold.

Same with the Twinkie.

Trusted Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

The breaded fried pickles at a restaurant??  My family loves them!  Dipped in ranch dressing, YUMMY!

I think that they're good, too. Really different. They taste kind of rich to me though, where just a few can satisfy your taste buds. Cat Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

LOVE LOVE LOVE deep fried dill pickles w/ Ranch dressing.  I haven't had any in a couple of years and now I'm REALLY craving some!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@tedEbear wrote:

ABSOLUTELY NONE of the above.  I hardly try anything new, just plain boring meat and potato.  Plain Dill pickles, yes, fried, no.  My GD and her mom  went to dinner  and I was invited, at a THAI restaurant. I already had dinner and they thought it would be fun to gross me out. GD had sushi of some kind and exDIL had what I called fried frisbee, she said it was flat fish.  After dinner the delightful girls played marbles at the table.  Wanna take a wild guess what they used?.  Anyway, we had a fun night full of laughter and love....tedEbear

eyeball

@tedEbear, our son took us to eat sushi, which I really liked the cooked kind.

But he orders and loves fried shrimp.

It still has the head and eyes, it is crunchy! Yikes

Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

LOVE LOVE LOVE deep fried dill pickles w/ Ranch dressing.  I haven't had any in a couple of years and now I'm REALLY craving some!

@shoptilyadropagain, you can fix these at home.

Use a thick mixture of powdered milk and lay the pickles in there for a little bit.

Roll fine cornflakes with a small amount of flour and put in gallon zip-loc bag.

Put pickles in the bag, just a couple at a time and shake.

Lay on foil till you have them all breaded.

Deep-fry

I use this recipe for lots of things.

I even use it when I bake things like chicken or pork chops.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds delish.  I found a recipe on pinterest for baked pickles but I've yet to try it.  I'm sure they would be good.....but the deep fried would be much better!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Who thinks of these things? Woman LOL

Anyone else eat their first and last food item?

I don't eat fried food and neither does my husband. 

http://www.naturalnews.com/034483_fried_foods_health_damage.html