Trusted Contributor

I apologize in advance for those I offend butl....

Christmas this early is a huge turnoff for me.  It takes away the entire excitement of the season.   We are sweltering here ... no way I'm going to put up a tree.    To me it takes away from the reason for the season so to speak.   For you that enjoy it this early I'm very anxious to hear your reasons why.     I have quite a large family to shop for, cookies to bake etc.. and do not need 5 months to prepare.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I apologize in advance for those I offend butl....

[ Edited ]

I usually do not enjoy watching the "Christmas In July" shows but this year I am watching a lot of them.  It's a nice distraction from all the negative stuff going on in life right now.   It's  my Happy Place at the moment.  

Respected Contributor

@Junebug54 I am not offended at all!  I would give you a christmas tree along with decorations if you were close.  I have lost both parents and my brother was killed in a car wreck so I no longer celebrate.  

Valued Contributor

I love CIJ  I look forward to it  I havent missed a show  We are all different  

Trusted Contributor

@Boomernichols  So very sorry for your losses.   Hugs to you

Respected Contributor

@Junebug54 

Comercialization.  That's all it is.  There is no intent to honor Christmas, the birth of Jesus Christ, the Savior, the reason for Christianity and Christmas in the first place.

Respected Contributor

No need at all for an apology, @Junebug54 .  I love CIJ (it gets my mind off the summer heat and brings me a touch of joy and calm), but I certainly understand those who don't enjoy it as I do.  Hang in there -- it's almost over!

Contributor

I could tolerate several shows scattered throughout July, as a distraction.  BUT, the steady slew of shows and all day programminf is a TURN OFF!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Dang. I was all ready to be all offended but...I got nothing. lol

People can play Christmas all year long if they want. But I am a December only person. DH prefers to start mid October. He starts listening to the music around then and starts stealthily putting decorations here and there and I pretend I don't notice them.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Junebug54  I LOVE it!❤  To me, CIJ is a much anticipated fun event for my family and me. I decorate my living room with items mostly purchased from The Q ( Valerie and Kringle Express), and Pier1. It stays decorated from the launch of CIJ, until the end of July.😊

They offer great sale prices on some items, that will be much more expensive during the normal holiday shopping season. You also get a jump on items being in stock.😁

I understand why some people do not see the benefit, or fun in it, but I do. It brings me joy, and that's really what's it's all about-finding a little joy wherever you can. With all the adversity we are currently enduring, it was an especially great escape this year!!!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖