Honored Contributor

I am the proud renter of a new apartment

For those of you who have read about my saga, I found a very nice apartment this morning cheaper than I ever thought I would find with an adjacent garage that's literally in the same building.  Detached but right there. 

I am hyperventilating a bit about the huge change (emotionally this has been pretty horrific) as well as the big jump in finances this is going to entail but it's well within budget with my current job and it does give me my year of peace.  

Being a true adult again is just really hard, you guys.  Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

Re: I am the proud renter of a new apartment

[ Edited ]

May your new home bring you peace, and many blessings

Respected Contributor

It sounds like a new fresh start for you. Enjoy it and make the most of it. Life is a challenge for sure but what a wonderful gift it is. You get to write your own book. You don't get to write the first or last chapter but you get to write all the chapters in between. Your life is your own to do with it what you want and what works for you.

Trusted Contributor

Congratulations @Laura14! I am so happy for you and your fresh new start!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14, This is an exciting time for you, so enjoy your new apartment.  The garage is definitely a plus!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I don't know how old you are, but many of us can recall out first apartment and trying to manage the budget. It worked out fine for me and seven years later, I bought my first home. Enjoy this new experience.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14, Well that is good news!  I hope you enjoy it to the fullest.  That was fast.

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14   I wish you much good luck and happiness in your new apartment!  And just relax, everything will work out fine.  It can be scary sometimes being an adult, but I believe in the power of prayer. Enjoy your new home my friend! 

Respected Contributor

Good for you!  It does seem that taking the first step is the most challenging; then after that its smooth sailing.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I don't know how old you are, but many of us can recall out first apartment and trying to manage the budget. It worked out fine for me and seven years later, I bought my first home. Enjoy this new experience.

I remember being so excited to live on my own in my first apartment.  I liked feeling independent and in charge.  And back then, rents were very manageable and included all utilities.