Honored Contributor

Re: I am the proud renter of a new apartment

@goldensrbest wrote:

Your mom is controlling you,don't you see that?

@goldensrbest  Yes 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Your mom is controlling you,don't you see that?

@goldensrbest  Yes 

Do this for you,don't give in to her.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 I can't remember if you finished school or are almost done. If you did I would move and maybe keep your regular job and work as a tech part-time a few nights a week. You get some extra money to save up if you want to move out of state and experience in the job you want.

Of course since I've worked two jobs I know that can really stink but at least you wouldn't have to deal with the stress.Or is working in a hospital possible around you? Maybe that;s a better pay option.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pigletsmom wrote:

@Laura14 I can't remember if you finished school or are almost done. If you did I would move and maybe keep your regular job and work as a tech part-time a few nights a week. You get some extra money to save up if you want to move out of state and experience in the job you want.

Of course since I've worked two jobs I know that can really stink but at least you wouldn't have to deal with the stress.Or is working in a hospital possible around you? Maybe that;s a better pay option.

@pigletsmom  I am done with school.  I just have to take the certification test.  My brother in law actually offered to get me into his hospital probably PT but with a FT job I don't know how feasible that would be.  He kind of hinted PT would be overnights which doesn't really work if I take the apartment.

I'd love to do nights in retail so I could have my weekends free.  It would be extra money plus experience and I could go and probably move where I want to be after a year.  I just don't know with a FT job if a retail environment would work with me like that.    

Honored Contributor

@Laura14...I am very big on a written budget.....write all expenses down, vs. what comes in.... if you are going to be rent poor, it may not be worth it...I don't know but the numbers don't lie.

Honored Contributor

Can you sit for the exam anytime, or do you need hours first?
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Laura14...I am very big on a written budget.....write all expenses down, vs. what comes in.... if you are going to be rent poor, it may not be worth it...I don't know but the numbers don't lie.

@Mom2Dogs  I wouldn't be rent poor.  I live extremely cheap in my mom's home and I've been spoiled financially.  The apartment expense is not an issue as long as I stay employed at the current FT job.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bikerbabe wrote:

@bikerbabe  Did the hours already.   I just have to schedule and take the test.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:

@bikerbabe  Did the hours already.   I just have to schedule and take the test.  

@Laura14  Why haven't you taken the test already? You knew this was a possibility.

I'm so confused what someone in their 40's has done with their life to be so dependent upon a parent both physically and emotionally. I expected you to be 18-21 from your previous posts. Do you have close friends? Have you been in long-term relationships and/or married? You need to become an independent woman in order to gain confidence. I wish you well on your journey.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

You mentioned something earlier about possibly having to start over with the pharm tech career change? I’m confused why or maybe I misunderstood. Sounds like you can get your license. I would look into local part-time opportunities even if you end up moving out of state in a year or two.
It sounds like you have the financial means to move out of your moms house, you’re just not used to being out on your own with all the expenses that entails. I assume at one point earlier in life you were on your own, living independently. Perhaps you’ve heard a lot of negativity from family over the years and that is affecting your self-confidence?