Respected Contributor

Re: I am the proud renter of a new apartment

@Laura14, you said you were officially thrown out. What did you mean? I didn’t see some of your earlier posts.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14

I'm so happy you found a place.  Wishing you much happiness in your new home and new start! 

Image result for happy new home]

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 - Please, for your sanity, don't back out of this. Yes, you are scared - who wouldn't be - it's the fear of the unknown along with all the unanswered questions.

If you stay where you are now, nothing will ever change - Things might be good for a short period of time, but you have to know, at some point it's going to go back to the way it was.

You are the one who can change and not be a doormat, or be used anymore by anyone. You can't change someone else, but you can change your life, your happiness, etc.

When I told you my daughter moved today, what I didn't mention is that she has 3 small kids - 6 & 2 1/2 y/o twins. She works a full time job and is pretty much doing this on her own. Her move today was to get her closer to her job and change the daycare center for the twins so it is closer to her home/office should she need to get to them.

She moved about 45 minutes south which will make a huge difference in her life. The apt she rented is small, in fact, she had to get rid of a lot of stuff. But she has already said it is temporary and once she gets herself together and everything gets settled she will look for something else, a little bigger - but it will be at least a year.

Her ex is pretty much useless and does not see the kids often during the week - he might see them a total of about 8 1/2 hrs a week. So everything falls on her shoulders.

I talked to her earlier and she sounded great, less stressed and calmer.

You can do this - have faith in yourself and take the leap - or you will always ask "Why didn't I" - this is your chance to start fresh.

Sorry this was soooo long - Riley1

Honored Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

@Laura14, you said you were officially thrown out. What did you mean? I didn’t see some of your earlier posts.

@ Montana  My mother sent an email saying she was essentially taking back her house in a way that she knows makes me really unhappy.  I told her in the past if she did that I would leave and that's what I meant.  She knew I would feel forced out and I did.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @riley1@GingerPeach and @cherry.  I just wish I knew what I really wanted.  I always think things to death and go with all the what ifs and it paralyzes me.

What I think I really want is to be a pharmacy tech in another state but that's an even bigger jump and the reason I decided to commit to more time where I am to keep banking a lot of money.  I never expected that email a few days ago.   

I emailed her back a bit ago and asked her if I chose to stay how long would the basement finish take.  So far have I no answer so I guess that wasn't really a sincere offer and it is the right thing to move.      

If it were my kid and I really didn't want her to go and make a bad decision like she said, I would have answered back and quickly.  

Honored Contributor

I would set down and make a pro and con list and let that be your guide. Be very honest with yourself..ask yourself things like do I really want to move..what am I afraid will happen if I do...what will happen if I stay

You don't have to tell anyone what you want ,or what you fear

The choice is yours alone, to make, and I don't think you should let other people influence you, either way..

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I would set down and make a pro and con list and let that be your guide. Be very honest with yourself..ask yourself things like do I really want to move..what am I afraid will happen if I do...what will happen if I stay

You don't have to tell anyone what you want ,or what you fear

The choice is yours alone, to make, and I don't think you should let other people influence you, either way..

Thank you @cherry.  I am going to do that right now to help clear my thoughts. Maybe it will help sort me out.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@ Montana wrote:

@ Montana  My mother sent an email saying she was essentially taking back her house in a way that she knows makes me really unhappy.  I told her in the past if she did that I would leave and that's what I meant.  She knew I would feel forced out and I did.

@Laura14  Have you talked to your mother face to face about the basement remodeling? Maybe you would have a better idea of her intentions. Are you sure she is trying to get rid of you?

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations on new beginnings, @Laura14!  

Looks like you've got good Karma covering your back as everything is falling into place, the way it should be!  Continue on your journey - everything happens for a reason.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ Montana wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@ Montana wrote:

@Laura14  Have you talked to your mother face to face about the basement remodeling? Maybe you would have a better idea of her intentions. Are you sure she is trying to get rid of you?

@ Montana  She is in FL right now so its been all email.  She did say in one of her emails that she is NOT all capitals trying to get me out of the house.  

I think we are just irritating one another.  I want to use the house in one way and she wants to use it another.  Trying to find a compromise has been pretty impossible.