Trusted Contributor

Re: I am the proud renter of a new apartment

Yay @Laura14 enjoy your peace and freedom.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14

Stay strong and enjoy the new apartment..now "you" can begin your new life!

hugs andHeart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

For those of you who have read about my saga, I found a very nice apartment this morning cheaper than I ever thought I would find with an adjacent garage that's literally in the same building.  Detached but right there. 

I am hyperventilating a bit about the huge change (emotionally this has been pretty horrific) as well as the big jump in finances this is going to entail but it's well within budget with my current job and it does give me my year of peace.  

Being a true adult again is just really hard, you guys.  Smiley Indifferent

@Laura14 That's wonderful, I am so happy for you! Enjoy your new place, have fun decorating, & lastly I hope you are blessed with the very best of neighbors that are extremely kind & caring towards you! Heart

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  

Related image

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Laura14

Related image

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Laura14@I wish we were all there to welcome you to your new home and bring some housewarming gifts too.....soft towels,comfy robe,scented candles and bath fizzies ...unfortunately just a warm wish is all I can send but my thoughts are with you.

Honored Contributor

peace to you.

glad you found an apartment you can afford. Just keep close eye on your money, you will be OK. 

Enjoy and have fun

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14

Enjoy getting settled in to your new home.  Wishing you all the best. 

Trusted Contributor

Cograts on the apartment ! You may find living in a place other than your mothers house will actually improve the relationship between you two. As I said previously renting from relatives is not an ideal situation sometimes. When my husband and I rented a house from his mother, she reminded us frequently that it  was HER house, even though I always respected her and her property she always found a way of bringing that up.   and  she charged us more per month rent than her previous renter.We took excellent care of her property..  It was a very small house but she would let her other adult children store things in the attic space and storage room and we barely had enough space as it was. . I never really felt at home there even though she did not live there.  

If I were you, I would get moved as quickly as possible, you can always shop, decorate, sort things out later. I would concentrate on whatever you have to do to finish your education and certification first. Good luck and God bless, Glad things are looking up for you, and leave all the drama behind. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you all so much.  I am actually panicking after crying all day now. 

It's really a big jump financially, plus a huge loss in flexibility in terms of changing careers, and I am wondering if I will have the guts to go sign the lease tomorrow.

I feel like I am throwing away good money and my pharmacy job for an entire year at least and possibly having to start all over again with it.  

I wonder if it isn't best to get over myself and my privacy needs but then I think about them coming in all the time and I get just as unhappy.  It's always it won't be that often and then it is.  I really wish I was a different person about it but I don't know how to be one.

I am so confused and not sure I am doing the right thing.  It's going to be a long night.