Honored Contributor

Re: I am the proud renter of a new apartment

Thank you all so much.  I can't stop crying but I know I will.  My mother is currently making plans to paint and redecorate.  She even offered to help move my stuff so I guess I'll save a little money on movers.  LOL

I know it will all be okay it's just tough making such a dramatic change and so unexpectedly.  Still trying to remind myself to breathe.

I sign the lease tomorrow so I'll have access then.  I guess I'll start moving the little stuff over until I can get the big stuff there.  I do have the basics of kitchenware and bath but I am excited to finally do my own thing in my space.  Won't have the money probably but I'll see if I can do a little something here and there.

I am just really overwhelmed right now.   

Respected Contributor

You Go Girl!!! Congrats!!!!!!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Way to go @Laura14 - Congratulations!! Enjoy every minute of peace and quiet in your new home.

My daughter moved into her new apt. today as well. As her ex has the kids for the weekend, I told her to make sure her bed is made up, get some takeout for dinner and enjoy the quiet along with the new chapter in her life.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is great ,good for you. Get some friends to help you move, not your mom.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Good News @Laura14....you can do it, and you will LOVE having the place all to your self.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14  Good luck 👍🍀 to you!! You will be awesome in your new environment.Take a deep breath & exhale!! 💐

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations, @Laura14! You can do it! I hope you love your new apartment, and its awesome about the garage.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Thank you all so much.  I can't stop crying but I know I will.  My mother is currently making plans to paint and redecorate.  She even offered to help move my stuff so I guess I'll save a little money on movers.  LOL

I know it will all be okay it's just tough making such a dramatic change and so unexpectedly.  Still trying to remind myself to breathe.

I sign the lease tomorrow so I'll have access then.  I guess I'll start moving the little stuff over until I can get the big stuff there.  I do have the basics of kitchenware and bath but I am excited to finally do my own thing in my space.  Won't have the money probably but I'll see if I can do a little something here and there.

I am just really overwhelmed right now.   

hope you can leave the past behind--and focus on your future!  best of luck...  

Honored Contributor

Well, you certainly jumped over the house issue quickly.  Congratulations!

Respected Contributor

Congratulations @Laura14, every woman loves making her nest, so have fun doing it and enjoy setting it up for YOU!