Honored Contributor

Re: I am the proud renter of a new apartment

@Laura14

What wonderful news!  

I wish we could all be there to help you move in.  (Well, not really, I hate lugging boxes!)

But we'll be thinking of you and will definitely be with you in spirit.

You have made a very adult decision.  Pat yourself on the back!  Heart

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Do you have other things you'll need like furniture, pots & pans , dishes , towels & sheets? 

Honored Contributor

Congrats on the new apartment!   You get a do-over so put the past behind you and make your new future.   Remember that your expenses will be higher than you have budgeted.  We all spend a little more money than we think we do....so a little cushion for "other" in your budget and you'll be just fine.  

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 That's great! Peace and quiet and less of your family drama. Sending you blessings and only happiness and health in you new surroundings and new life. I think you also mentioned you were going to do something in reference to getting a higher position in your job (pharmacist)? You Go Girl!💫✨

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

Congratulations, that was quick! I'm also looking for an apartment. I sold my house to a group that flips old homes, and I have to be out in the next several weeks. But I wanted to move from owning to renting. Between electric, oil heat, propane for hot water and property taxes, it was getting too expensive for just myself to take care of. I'm looking at a couple of places tomorrow. Hopefully my luck will be as good as yours, and enjoy your new place!

Honored Contributor

Congratulatiins, Laura.  You'll do fine. 

I was 48 years old when I moved on my own.  Scared as heck but it took me 30 years to realize that an abusive marriage was worse than being on my own.  I survived for ten years until I remarried.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 Great news...hope you find happiness there along with peace in your life.Have fun decorating it and making it yours.

Valued Contributor

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU MUCH LOVE

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

Congratulations, that was quick! I'm also looking for an apartment. I sold my house to a group that flips old homes, and I have to be out in the next several weeks. But I wanted to move from owning to renting. Between electric, oil heat, propane for hot water and property taxes, it was getting too expensive for just myself to take care of. I'm looking at a couple of places tomorrow. Hopefully my luck will be as good as yours, and enjoy your new place!

@Cumbercookie13  Passing my good fortune in finding a perfect place on to you.  I really couldn't believe it when we walked outside of the second one she showed me which was upgraded all over inside and cheaper than the first one and she said "Oh look, your new garage is here too."  They had just put up the availability sign yesterday. Definitely had an angel watching over me today.  Heaven knew I needed one and a good break in life.   

Good Luck to you!  Heart  

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Laura14

WELCOME HOME!!!!!

Just a piece of advice you didn't ask for - don't tell your family your location.  Give them your phone number if you feel you must, but I truly believe you need some distance from them for a while in order to gather your thoughts and renew your Spirit.  

If they know where you are, they will be banging on your door, and you will have no PEACE.

Very best wishes to you.

I understand your reasoning.  I wouldn't however want to start a family feud by withholding the location. Doing so would just add fuel to the embers that may already exist.   Hopefully Laura's new apartment is a secure building where she can control entrance of visitors.  As far as phone number I would give them my cell phone number only.