Valued Contributor

Re: I am the proud renter of a new apartment

@Laura14

I don't know you, but I wish you happiness and peace in your new place.  Just think of how much fun it will be to come home and be able to do just what you want!   You can furnish it little by little and make it your special haven.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 I wish you well in your new home. Women tend to underestimate ones own strength but I think you’ll be surprised at how strong and courageous you really are. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Respected Contributor

I think you will be pleasantly surprised by just how great 'adulting' in this case is.  How soon do you move in?

Honored Contributor

Congratulations.  It might not all be smooth sailing, but things will probably work out better than what you think right now.

Being an adult again is like riding a bike.  It will come back in time.🚲👍

Honored Contributor

@Laura14

WELCOME HOME!!!!!

Just a piece of advice you didn't ask for - don't tell your family your location.  Give them your phone number if you feel you must, but I truly believe you need some distance from them for a while in order to gather your thoughts and renew your Spirit.  

If they know where you are, they will be banging on your door, and you will have no PEACE.

Very best wishes to you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

YAY Laura!

Today is the best part of the rest of your life!Heart

Congrats, my friend!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@Laura14

Congrats!  Almost 5 years ago, my husband of 25 years decided to leave and start a new life because he just didn't want to be married anymore.  No real reason, just up and left.

So I wound up selling my home (because he wanted half the money).  At the time, I didn't make the money that I do now.  So the house was sold and I moved into a condo. 

It was very scary.  I actually stopped contributing to my 401k for an entire year just to see what the bills were going to be costing me.  Trust me, you'll be fine Smiley Happy  I learned not to overspend on credit cards (I actually don't use them very much) and I created an Excel spreadsheet to keep a good budget. I've been doing fine ever since Smiley Happy

Congrats on your new place!  And enjoy your new start in life.  I wish you nothing but the best Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

For those of you who have read about my saga, I found a very nice apartment this morning cheaper than I ever thought I would find with an adjacent garage that's literally in the same building.  Detached but right there. 

I am hyperventilating a bit about the huge change (emotionally this has been pretty horrific) as well as the big jump in finances this is going to entail but it's well within budget with my current job and it does give me my year of peace.  

Being a true adult again is just really hard, you guys.  Smiley Indifferent

@Laura14, Enjoy your freedom, 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I am so glad to hear you found a place that you like. And the finances will work out for you. 

I guess your mind is going a mile a minute. Enjoy the peace and quiet your new place will bring.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14  You're happy, so I'm happy!  It looks like things are starting to fall into place for you, Laura.  The message is there......this was meant to be, and you will look back on this as just another chapter in your life.  Onward and upward!

Laura loves cats!