Honored Contributor

Re: I am still in awe-be careful out there!

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@Laura14 Laura, from this day forward can you wear a mask at work and goggles to protect your eyes (or a face shield).  I know it would not be comfortable for 8hrs a day but it is valuable.  

Also, I was thinking about what you said in another thread if you needed to take care of your parents and they were sick.  I don't know your living situation but if a loved one of mine was under my roof and sick I would give them the master bedroom with master bathroom, seal off the vents in those rooms and provide a fan and portable a/c for them, keep the door shut, make sure they had their cell phone and then provide them meals and always wearing a mask and eye protection with the hope that they would recover and not require hospitalization.  

@germanshepherdlove   They actually could have the entire house.  I live in a downstairs basement apartment.  It's great advice.  Thank you!

Valued Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@Laura14 Laura, from this day forward can you wear a mask at work and goggles to protect your eyes (or a face shield).  I know it would not be comfortable for 8hrs a day but it is valuable.  

Also, I was thinking about what you said in another thread if you needed to take care of your parents and they were sick.  I don't know your living situation but if a loved one of mine was under my roof and sick I would give them the master bedroom with master bathroom, seal off the vents in those rooms and provide a fan and portable a/c for them, keep the door shut, make sure they had their cell phone and then provide them meals and always wearing a mask and eye protection with the hope that they would recover and not require hospitalization.  

@germanshepherdlove   They actually could have the entire house.  I live in a downstairs basement apartment.  It's great advice.  Thank you!

@Laura14 it sounds then like it's very do-able with chances of sucess very high.  I wish the best for you and your job situation and your family. 

Honored Contributor

I would call the Attorney General's office and Department of Labor in your state. There are legal and regulatory protections regarding covid. Ask to remain anonymous if you're concerned about that. But employees accepting this behavior because they need to earn a living is part of what allows it to continue.

You can think positively of anyone, but the fact is that this pandemic reveals true character of people. Can be in very good ways, but can also be downright awful.

This is a highly contagious virus that can cause serious illness, longterm health conditions( the full extent of that isn't even known yet), and death. You have legal rights, and employers have legal responsibilities. I'm fortunate to live in a state that takes that seriously. Don't know about yours, but you can find out.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

I hear ya! My husband's work place.Same thing.They finally told them.Of course in a small plant, they all could figure it out. Not that it made any difference.My husband actually worked with the guy in the afternoon.
My husband is 60 & takes blood pressure medicine but all that matters to them is you get the work put out.Bottom line.Zero responsibity is right.Luckily husband stayed well.
As said all the protocol goes out window.Husband said majority dont even wear masks anymore including the bosses.
I work closely with the public & follow strict state board guidelines. & I'm only one person you would think factories with millions of $$ could .Oh but wait they have to put a new wing on their mansions on the beach!
Valued Contributor

I hear ya! My husband's work place.Same thing.They finally told them.Of course in a small plant, they all could figure it out. Not that it made any difference.My husband actually worked with the guy in the afternoon.

My husband is 60 & takes blood pressure medicine but all that matters to them is you get the work put out.Bottom line.Zero responsibility is right.Luckily husband stayed well.

As said all the protocol goes out window.Husband said majority dont even wear masks anymore including the bosses.

I work closely with the public & follow strict state board guidelines. & I'm only one person you would think factories with millions of $$ could .Oh but wait they have to put a new wing on their mansions on the beach!
Esteemed Contributor

The good news is no one in your orbit got sick. My nephew's baby mama was infected and they told no one. The 2 year old lived with 5 adults and visited my 80 and 84 year old parents, one who has huge pre conditions. Everyone got tested, not one infected. Good news! I love the positive stories out there. Anyone wants to bash my experience, I don't care. I will keep telling good news until QVC monitors stop me.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I would call the Attorney General's office and Department of Labor in your state. There are legal and regulatory protections regarding covid. Ask to remain anonymous if you're concerned about that. But employees accepting this behavior because they need to earn a living is part of what allows it to continue.

You can think positively of anyone, but the fact is that this pandemic reveals true character of people. Can be in very good ways, but can also be downright awful.

This is a highly contagious virus that can cause serious illness, longterm health conditions( the full extent of that isn't even known yet), and death. You have legal rights, and employers have legal responsibilities. I'm fortunate to live in a state that takes that seriously. Don't know about yours, but you can find out.

@Greeneyedlady21   I checked since the poster said 'per GA law', they are not liable for telling us squat and/or liable if we get sick and they are correct.  It's our own assumption of risk.  Our state legislature and governor just enacted it last month apparently. Smiley Sad

I get you don't want to bankrupt businesses from frivoulous lawsuits but there should be a clear we have to disclose on the employee side at least so they can make a choice. 

A customer may be here once.  I walk in every day, four times a week, 10 hours a day.  I live here more than my own home.  It's just the right thing to do IMO.        

Trusted Contributor

Laura, I'm sorry these ppl are so obnoxious, I would define them differently if I could here, but can't. This virus has revealed a lot about ppl, that had it not occurred, may have taken a lifetime to realize. I never knew how disgustingly selfish and spoiled some ppl are, much more than I'd have ever thought.

My mother passed away June 1st in the hospital, not of COVID. I was unable to see her during her last few days because of COVID. Few knew this. Yet ppl bitch abt something so simple as wearing a mask. They complain abt their "rights." They treat ppl terrible. Where is their humanity? I've learned I don't want to be around a lot of ppl I once considered as friends when this is over and a vaccine is found. I've found the good, decent and caring ppl too luckily. Those ppl have become new friends while the others, I have no time for.

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon   I am so sorry. Heart

I have lost one family member to Covid and another last month to PD.  I have another cousin fighting Covid right now.  He at least sent out a group text even though we had last seen him at the funeral in late July and were past the two week quarantine recommendation.  

This coworker was such a good friend that he was living in the owner's house.  He's on life support.  You don't send out a note so no one else has to potentially go through what you are now witnessing?  I just don't get it. 

You and others here I have never met have more kindness and common sense than the flesh and blood people who know me in real life, apparently.  

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if because of HIPAA laws, that they legally  can't divulge an employee's medical condition?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.