Honored Contributor

Re: I am so tired of throwing away food...

@Bridgegal Depends where you are.  This isn't near harvest season.

I do stirfry and buy fresh in the grocery but I add my spices and cheese (to one item).  What is fresh in your state?  We've been dealing with mornings as well as days in the 50's.  Things are barely up here.

We won't have tomatoes here W NC until late July and August.

Honored Contributor

Try roasting your veg, it really improves the taste.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

i find that often the taste of frozen vegetables is much better than fresh.

the color is good, the texture is good, the taste is good.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Marp 

Good suggestion.  Believe me, I have.  Had nose and sinuses checked out by ENT Dr.   Had a CT scan of my head.  Talked to PCP.   Talked to dentist.   Type of food makes no difference.  No answer yet.  

Esteemed Contributor

Totally agree with @ECBG  buy what's in season locally. Cherries here in Northern MI come in late June/early July. We are expecting frost tonite. I bought vidalias from Morris Farms in GA. Had raw slices on a sandwich today, delish!

I shop the farmer's markets and get most of my beef, chicken and eggs locally.

I shop WF when I get downstate but having been taken over by A I'm sure quality is erroding in favor of profits. We have been brainwashed into Big Box Everything.

Honored Contributor

farmers markets are great.

in the maryland area it is not really tomato season yet. i do buy campari tomatoes year round at sams club or at the local grocery stores and they are the BEST if you cannot find them good and fresh and red in your area.

campari tomatoes.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Thanks, that is a great idea.   I'm going to put them in a skillet with some butter or oil and slivered almonds.    I'll roast some too and see if I can salvage the ones still in the bag.  I only cooked 1/3 of the 32 ounces.   

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal 

Actually, my biggest gripe is with  FLOWERS THAT HAVE NO SCENT.  (sorry for shouting)

I can't even recall the last time I smelled a fragrant rose .... or bunch of lilacs ..... or any flower that had a wonderful fragrance .... back in the olden days.     

Rose  Rose  Rose  Rose  Rose
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal 

Green beans are delicious cooked and then sprinkle balsamic vinegar dressing on them ....  good hot or cold.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

farmers markets are great.

in the maryland area it is not really tomato season yet. i do buy campari tomatoes year round at sams club or at the local grocery stores and they are the BEST if you cannot find them good and fresh and red in your area.

campari tomatoes.jpg

@sunshine45 We buy these too.  Terrific!