Esteemed Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza  I´ve posted with @Dinaki  a few times and I like her. She made us Mimosas the other night. She is kind and she seems to think that everyone is the same. Yes, some haven´t read her entire post and that has happened so many times to other people.

Why can´t we be kind or if we can´t, just don´t reply.

Valued Contributor
@Dinaki I’m sorry you can’t go back to Greece to take care of business and see your family. I’m sure this makes you feel depressed and frustrated.

There’s always going to be people who’s problems are worse than others. That doesn’t make yours unimportant though. You have every right to feel like you do.....Here’s to better days ahead for all of us.🥂
Valued Contributor

Re: I am so sad today

[ Edited ]

I am sad for the posters who lost relatives to covid.I fully understand how Dinaka is feeling because I am in the same position.

I moved from Italy in 1994 and I spend every summer back there.I canceled my flights to Venice next week.

My house (15 minutes from the beach)  is empty.My problem is that I wait 10 months to go back and see my mother.My dad died years ago.

She is 90 in a nursing home.My cousins works in the same nursing home.

I facetime my mom often,but she usually doesn't recognize me.The other day as soon as she saw me she started crying.Even if she has dementia,maybe she knew  we probably won't see each other in person again.

i used to tell her I would go see her in May as usual,she doesn't know I canceled my flight.

Italy opens the borders on June 3rd,but being in a airplane 10 hours is too risky.Plus I would take 4 to 6 planes.At least my family is healthy.

Goggle pictures of my hometown Bibione .In the same area we had the 1 covid case of Europe.We have a huge number of Chinese immigrants who own tons of stores in Italy.Also Milan had 2 daily flights from Wuhan.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dinaki 

Dinaki, I just want to say how sorry I am that your much needed and wonderful trip has been delayed.  I'll say delayed and not cancelled in the hopes you can go when things are safer.

I have visited Greece many times and lived there for 2 years on the island of Paros.   We loved our life there and would go back to live there in a flash if we could. 

I also greatly admire how quickly and effectively the Greek government dealt with this virus there.   It should have been an example to all countries.  

You are from a beautiful country full of warm people.  I hope you get to go soon.  I envy you.

Esteemed Contributor

I understand your frustration and disappointment. I saved for two years for my dream vacation that I was supposed to take last month to Australia. I would have been in the country for two weeks, I had everything planned out, and then our world changed. 

There is nothing that can be done, unpack your bags and hopefully you will be able to go in several months.

Honored Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

Todays is the 18th where I would be flying to Heathrow, then to Athens.

The stupid covid-19 came and knock our world's doors and I am here stuck in the US.

I am so angry today and my heart is crying. My suitcase is all packed up right here in my bedroom and it stares to me and I start having tears.

Unknown.jpeg

I am wondering now when:

a) US will open its borders

b) when UK will open its borders ( I fly through London)

c) I wonder when Greece will start accepting American citizens (MY husband is American and has to be with me)

today its the 18th and again, I would fly back home and I cant, dreams shattered, I am stuck in my bedroom with my suitcase looking fixetly to me!

edited

oh oh oh thanks to QVC, lets start buying things from the Q. It has so many things to choose at a very affordable prices when its SALES hit.

So lets wave our credit cards and shop 'til we drop Woman Tongue

@Dinaki  Instead of shopping the big stores, shop and support your local boutiques and stores! They are the ones hurting now! I'd much rather help that small business where the money goes toward their family rather than pad the wallets of the big companies so they can buy their new private jet. 
"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

You are not alone I had had the following cancelled, March vacation rebooked to May- canceled

Dh's retirement Party Canceled

Dh birthday dinner canceled

Our Anniversary dinner cancelled

Tangelewood concert in June canceled

SERIOUSLY? Hardly the same as what @Dinaki  is dealing with. She is dealing with the loss of her business, the livelihood of others. Thousands of people have cancelled vacations and missed birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, graduations, and other parties. 

Trusted Contributor

I am sad thinking about the thousands of people who have died and the families who have lost their loved ones.

I am grateful to be healthy and alive.  That's enough for now.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 

You surelly dont know what I am doing, you are not in my shoe darling.

I am a QVC customer for the needs that I fancy at a very reasonnable price I may say so.

Other than  that,  as my income permits, I have been doing some charity work to abused women. It is not something I wanted to write here, but if you do trust you me, 10 per cent of my income goes to there. I NEVER wanted to post/tell people what I do, but you are pushing me @ID2 

So I do not take advice to where my money goes. Stop people advising me where to shop, you trully dont know what I am doing, QVC is my online shop where I fancy to smile ordering what I need.

I am in the middle to loose one of my shop this week so please ladies, stop ordering me what to do, my nerves are on a thread and I dont want to say something and regret it later to you!

So back off people from my shoulder, I need fresh air to breath. Gee, I am thinking twice now why I openned this discussion!

If you were in the middle to loose your shop, loose the couple that are with you for sometimes when his wife had recently a baby, and Covid hit your backyard with all its s@@@, you would be here advising ME where my hard money should go.

You have upset me now, are you content?

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dinaki,

It is best not to reveal much on this forum and to always protect your heart and your values.

Any and every sort of personality is out there.  We have no idea how many sociopaths participate here, and many get their jollies by attacking posts that, deep down, mean absolutely nothing to them.  The posters just want to twist your soul and have perverse fun.As for the posters, they mean even less to such folks.

Do not change who you are (except for posting with an open heart here).  Let it go! 

p.s.  I do not think ID2 deliberately meant to upset you; she was just giving her view, and I will give the benefit of the doubt, as they say.