Esteemed Contributor

@Dinaki  I'm so sorry for your distressing situation, and travel woes! Experiencing this level of disappointment during this time, makes it even more challenging. 

Please don't cry. Think of how WONDERFUL it will be when restrictions are lifted, and you are able to plan a new vacation. Perhaps an even better one, as ticket and lodging prices will be considerably low down the road. Saving money always makes me happy.😁

In the short term, try to find something that brings you immense JOY to concentrate on. Puzzles, dancing, singing, drawing, whatever it is that always puts a smile on your face.😊 Things WILL get better as we transition into the new normal, and know you are not in this alone. I pray your spirits are lifted soon. Until then, you came to the right place for encouragement.😷______🤗(Social distance hug)

~~~All we need is LOVE and HUGS today💖 

Trusted Contributor

@Dinaki I'm so sorry for you.  Ditto what some posters have said that it is OK to feel bad that you can't go see your family and deal with those issues.

I'd love to hear more about Greece! Heart

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45  they can also deny her application of re-entry. She could be taking a chance by staying out more than six months.

There is no guarantee especially with what is happening with the higher ups right now.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@sunshine45  they can also deny her application of re-entry. She could be taking a chance by staying out more than six months.

There is no guarantee especially with what is happening with the higher ups right now.

@Sage04 

she can apply for it BEFORE she even leaves the USA and make sure her paperwork is in order.

the permit will state the date you need to be back in the states.

family members have never had an issue with staying outside of the country for over six months.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45  I have a question. Was it within the last four years? I also think it depends on the country because I know of two people that were denied. One was able to fight it and the other is still waiting. That´s sad.

Honored Contributor

I think it's time to unpack.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

So sorry Dinaki.  I feel your pain.  Woman Sad

I was scheduled to leave for Greece on April 3rd with 44 high school students.  We were staying in Athens and then getting on a cruise ship to Mykonos, Santerini and one other island (can't remember) and then return to Athens and go on to Venice for 3 days.  It is being rescheduled for next year's spring break. 

I've been to Greece before.  Such a beautiful country!

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox  two of those celebrations don´t have to be cancelled. The birthday dinner or the anniversary dinner. They could still be done.

Remember it´s not about the amount people, it´s about the people who mean a lot to you.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@sunshine45  I have a question. Was it within the last four years? I also think it depends on the country because I know of two people that were denied. One was able to fight it and the other is still waiting. That´s sad.

yes, within the last four years.......actually, the latest in 2019.

if you are denied, then you should know that BEFORE you even leave the country.....if you process everything prior to leaving.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

It looks like some of you haven't read Dinaki's 2 posts.  She wasn't disappointed that she couldn't go on a fun vacation to Greece.   There was more involved.