Honored Contributor

Image result for good job animated images

Esteemed Contributor

I can see why you are so proud.  I wish her much success in her design career.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

Hi @LilacTree Your granddaughter is beautiful, as is the top she designed and sewed.

Wishing her all the best in her career.

Esteemed Contributor

That is great @LilacTree! That style is really popular right now too. I need a kid/grandchild who makes clothing! 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Lesa wrote:

Hi @LilacTree Your granddaughter is beautiful, as is the top she designed and sewed.

Wishing her all the best in her career.

@Lesa

She is working very hard.  She is very much a "city girl" and loves this profession.  She also wants to work in some way where she will always be able to sew her own prototypes.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

How wonderful!  It covers the part of the arm a lot of folks don't like, plus it could made to fit larger women too!

Something for a lot of different sizes.

I am a huge fan of Project Runway and I think Tim Gunn would say, "She made it WORK!"

@LilacTree I'll bet your buttons are just bustin' out all over!!!

Honored Contributor

@Lapdog wrote:

How wonderful!  It covers the part of the arm a lot of folks don't like, plus it could made to fit larger women too!

Something for a lot of different sizes.

I am a huge fan of Project Runway and I think Tim Gunn would say, "She made it WORK!"

@LilacTree I'll bet your buttons are just bustin' out all over!!!

@Lapdog

Well I don't do buttons anymore, but my zippers are all poppin'!!

Maybe the top could work better if the side sleeves were elasticized?  I will ask her when she comes.  She is the only woman in my entire family who loves sewing as I did.  None of my daughters were ever interested.  However when making clothes, I always used patterns, never tried designing them myself (except Halloween costumes). 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

Your family must be very proud.  I am an older lady.  I like her top better than the one made by a long time professional that I am watching on the Q right now.

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

Your family must be very proud.  I am an older lady.  I like her top better than the one made by a long time professional that I am watching on the Q right now.

@Gram W

What a nice compliment, thank you!

Formerly Ford1224
Valued Contributor

@LilacTreeelastic sounds like a good idea if there is a restriction problem.
Or "cotton/span"  like they talk about!HA! Woman Very HappyWoman Very Happy