Honored Contributor

Re: I am so ashamed of myself, today

The dream was about something totally against your character that you might need to try to understand.You study it and find that you took something when there was no need....because you are a fortunate person who has no need.It might be a way for you to understand that sometimes people do things when they are desperate that they would never have done in any other situation and only because they have a need.I am saddened and angered by people who steal but maybe at that time they had a need that I know nothing about.I had a friend years ago who 8nvited me to lunch at her house.She was a very young mom with two children at only 18.Her dh was not very reliable and I didn’t know that often they were short of money for food.She went to the store near her home to steal a can of tuna to make my lunch but was caught.I have never gotten over the guilt I felt over that.I wish she could have told me before that happened so that I could help.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I had a nightmare early this AM ,and  I dreamed I stole a $10 gift card. I didn't even want it..I  felt awful all during that stupid dream ,and I woke up still feeling awful about it

I am telling you this ,in the hopes I will feel better.  I guess a life of crime is not for me

I once heard someone say if you think it you are guilty of doing it...Woman Sad  It wasn't a clergy, it was a lawyer, during the OJ trial

Why does a dream affect me so much? 

A woman left a gift card ,in a menu ,for a gentleman. It was to some awful restaurant . It was behind a plastic protective shield. She also left a toy figure, and something  else( I can't remember what it was)..I know it was only a bad dream, but the bad  feelings still linger..There was nothing appealing to me about that dumb card, and I didn't use it in the dream..but the way I felt about it , was anything but , a feeling of,  I got away with it..I feel sick

@cherry, you are allowed to think  and dream ANYTHING you want -- and I mean ANYTHING, no matter how horrendous or heinous it may be. You are not allowed to feel guilt. :-)

Whoever said that a thought equals action is a jack*** of immense proportions.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@cherry

Sometimes our mind takes the things we have seen and heard recently and makes stories up about them as a way of trying to make sense of them.

For me, I see and hear so much that is really hard to wrap my mind around in my daily life, and what I believe - things that I have trouble taking in, maybe you do to.

Those dreams can be our poor minds just trying to make sense of things so it can process them and move on.

You are a good person, sleep well.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@cherry wrote:

It was near  waking, and so real @qualitygal..I think what upset me the most ,was , I wasn't in need at all, I just did it ,for no known reason

-----------------------------

I once dreamt that I was in prison for 25 years, I'd been forging checks, since I was 14!

Why did I dream it, who knows? But it was very real, very!

And so scary!

It's creepy to have to take some time to realize, it's just a dream! But what a relief! 

Trusted Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Advent is a time  of preparation for the Birth of Christ. It is a time of spiritual examination ,and repentance.  I honestly feel  I need to confess it , to be rid of it

But ,all of you have made me feel  better. I do thank you for caring

----------------------------------------------------------

What would you confess, you did nothing wrong?

Trusted Contributor

@cherry

You're a very nice, thoughtful person.  I think most of us have a bad dream  once in awhile.   

Tomorrow, start your day with good thoughts & put your bad dream in the past.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

When I was a kid I had bad dreams all the time, I also walked in my sleep.I noticed as soon as I had some control over my life the bad dreams and sleep walking ended. I think it's silly to feel guilty over things you dream about.
Honored Contributor

You don't understand the nature of confession @SuhseK. It isn't a punishment, it is a release.  I go for the grace imparted through the sacrament. It is medicine for the soul

And regardless of the fact, I did nothing deliberately wrong, I will benefit from doing it..Thank you everyone for your kindness

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

I will do that through my church @goldensrbest..I don't think that I am ,a goody 2 shoes, but, I have never stolen anything ...I could never live with myself if I did

@cherry  Cherry, Our SS class does this from time to time.  We buy tubes (like drawings and blueprints are mailed in).  We cut them down to about 6 inches, I think.  Inside we stuff rolled up scripture, the name of our church and a welcome, plus a $5-10 gift certificate to some place to eat nearby. We give them to homeless people in the area so they can get something to eat immediately at a restaurant near them but we also have an invitation to come to our church.  There, we can give them directions to places for homeless people to get shelter, food and clothing, plus giving them redirection for their lives.  

Of course, we have always had the kind of Meals on Wheels for the elderly and shut in and work through another program in town for homeless, but this is immediate --- get them a gift certificate to a place nearby for a coke and a burger, fries, etc., i.e., McD's, Hardee's, Arby's, Burger King.  We got this idea, however, from a church member who calls needy people she knows in the community to see if they need anything that day.  If she is not needed, she will go looking for people who look hungry on the street, and (we have a small community so there are not hundreds) when she sees a group of people that look like family with children, she counts up the numbers of them and goes to a fast-food place nearby and brings each one something to eat.  She does it for one group each day.  

Honored Contributor

I completely agree with @dex , this dream will make sense to you for some circumstance in the future. It has a higher purpose.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"