Respected Contributor

Re: I am so ashamed of myself, today

@cherry

As a poster said: dreams are made up of bits and pieces of things, experiences, reading materials, overheard conversations, etc. and are mixed together as the brain cleanses itself during sleep.

The thing that stands out about your dream: you have a conscience that is in good working order.  Even asleep, you know the difference of right from wrong.  Your sense of morality is alive.  The feeling of remorse attests to that.

Some dreams can be very scary and leave us with strange feelings the rest of the day !  They are just that: dreams.

The quote half-remembered May have been from an article where Jimmy Carter was interviewed.  He mentioned something from a sermon he had heard where if you have lust in your heart, you have already committed adultery.

There may be similar takes on that theme....

I like what another poster suggested for chasing away the negative feeling: donate to the needy, a women’s shelter, etc.

Happy Holidays !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@cherry...when you woke from the nightmare did you check your blood sugar? You may have had hypoglycemia. Nightmares often come from low blood sugar. Just another perk of being diabetic..

Feel better..

Honored Contributor

Advent is a time  of preparation for the Birth of Christ. It is a time of spiritual examination ,and repentance.  I honestly feel  I need to confess it , to be rid of it

But ,all of you have made me feel  better. I do thank you for caring

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11  I didn't know that. I just checked it and it is OK..

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve had some crazy nonsensical dreams too. Don’t try to figure them out because they will never make sense.

I’ve also had really meaningful dreams.They don’t come too often.But when they do they shake me to my core. I’ve had visits from my parents, my BFF, etc.

Trusted Contributor

It was a dream, and only a dream.  Be thankful that you know you would never do that.  I have had some really bizarre dreams and have no idea where they came from.  Go out and enjoy the day with eyes wide open.

Honored Contributor

Go to church, honey you'll be OK

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry  In your heart, you know it was a dream. God would not want misplaced quilt of a nightmare ruin your day. Smile and enjoy your blessings! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@cherry, you would be the last person who I would think would ever steal anything, actually, you wouldn't even be on the list. You are a giver, I know that much from your posts and I do believe that! I don't know why we dream such crazy things.

My sister had a very small wedding at church about 7 months ago. I dreamed last night, she and her hubby were planning a huge 2nd wedding and some kind of big celebration. The dream was so real that when I woke up, I wondered for a few moments if there was gonna be a second wedding.....

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@Trinity11  I didn't know that. I just checked it and it is OK..

@cherry...it would be right after you woke. The adrenaline you pump out with a low would already hours later have increased your blood sugar. 

In the future, if it happens again, you may be low. Just check and see.