Honored Contributor

Re: I am so ashamed of myself, today

it   was  a   dream.    it's ok.   you aren't guilty,   LOL you poor thing,   Heart

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone for your input. I guess I am doing penance ,for buying a bargain ,yesterday. I got it so cheap, it was  almost a steal..

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherryoften times interpreting the meaning of a dream goes deeper than what you remember on the surface. I doubt very much it meant that you were desiring to steal anything.  The fact that it affected you so deeply makes you such a sweet person and I don't think you have anything to worry about.  I had a dream that seemed very real and I have no idea what it meant.  I was driving my mother's car and trying to pull out of a parking space where I was boxed in on both sides and every time I tried to back up I had to stop because my side mirrors would cause a scratch on the neighboring car.  I was so upset over not being able to get out, that I woke up with a charlie horse in my foot that I was using to brake in the dream. I can laugh now but wow, my poor foot really hurt. 

Honored Contributor

I have only had a dream like this once before. It happened decades ago when I was pregnant. I dreamed I dropped my iron accidentally on my baby, and it was hot

I was so upset, I threw my iron away..Dumb me I, just had to go out and buy another one, but it was a temporary fix

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry, we all have dreams that we just don't understand.  Sometimes they scare us, sometimes they bring peace, and sometimes they  keep us in check.  This dream may make you more aware of a situation the next time you are in it and has nothing to do with money.  This may be one of those dreams that you will always remember, but it probably means nothing about you but maybe someone you know or have come in contact with.  This is the time of year where those in need do not feel that it is the happiest of times.  I like the idea of donating if that brings you peace.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl  how perceptive of you. I was thinking, I wish my priest were still alive, so I could tell him about it. Sadly ,he has passed away, and the one we have now, would just tell me ,I was being foolish ,and offer no comfort.  I am going to confession asap..It might not be sinfull, but I certainly didn't feel like that

Honored Contributor

I read once -- don't know if there is any truth to it --- that many dreams are dreams of contrary.  Meaning that they are opposite of what they appeared in the dreams.  For instance, if it was something bad, it is in essence a vision of something which will be good.  I have a ton of bad dreams myself.  I think it has a lot to with the fact that in my real life I have a lot of stress and anxiety and for the most part no real way to deal with it or solve the issues which are bothering me.  Even though I try not to let these things take over me, when I am sleeping and at my most vulnerable, these things take over my thoughts and manifest themseves in very strange ways.  Perhaps in my dream state I am  trying to find a way to work out some problem or rid myself of these things?  I feel dreams are a mystery and they still don't really know for sure what they mean.  

I am sorry that this has caused you to be upset.  I, myself, have awoken from dreams so distressed, crying, and feeling that something really happened or was real and have found it very hard to shake off.  I also think this is a sign of a person--- such as yourself -- who is very caring, sensitive, and a person who gives great thought to situations and people and how to make things better.   

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I see it as depriving this man of his gift more than stealing something from a store. If you look at it that way you may understand the dream. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe @occasionalrain  but I only learned about himn after I stole the card.  I didn't know either person  at all

Respected Contributor

@cherry I have goofy nightmares where I am in crazy situations that would never happen in my waking hours. They can cause a type of “hangover” that is hard to shake. I have found the best way to restore my equilibrium is to talk it over with someone who is understanding yet realistic. I have have several people in my life who are good listeners and then can get me chuckling about my dream dilemmas. I think these types of dreams are quite common—you are not alone. Take heart my dear.