Respected Contributor

Re: I am so #&@% sick of being redirected

On 2/24/2015 MickD said:

Scotttie ~ 5 pm at Showme's is 2 pm PST...I might be a little late....gotta pick up DS and take him to swim....I'll need a drink stat....OMG just had a deja vu....freaky....

Well, honey, as they say "It's 5:00 somewhere!"

Super Contributor

On 2/24/2015 javala said:
On 2/24/2015 scotttie said:

I think if you log in before you try to reply to something it doesn't do that. That has been my experience anyway. Yes. It is annoying.

It does not matter I know what the person is saying it happens either way...

Once you are in the web page you were directed too, you really cannot back out with out needing to log in again it is annoying

I don't know why it happens unless it is some IT sick humor...

It's never happened to me. So it's not all posters.

Honored Contributor

Scotttie ~ Yup! That's my motto! How long have you had your smart tv? we got ours at Xmas and was told not to be surprised if we had to return it as there have been a lot of glitches...maybe you have a glitch?

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

On 2/24/2015 MickD said:

Scotttie ~ Yup! That's my motto! How long have you had your smart tv? we got ours at Xmas and was told not to be surprised if we had to return it as there have been a lot of glitches...maybe you have a glitch?

It worked fine until today. It is a 2012 Samsung. Was informed that the ISP did something with a firewall that caused the problem. THey are getting a lot of calls today I am currently on hold with my ISP!! TECH!!!

Honored Contributor

Nice....hopefully not something I get to look forward to with my samsung.....DH keeps putting off doing netflix and stuff...i know he'll flip a lid if it doesn't work....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

On 2/24/2015 MickD said:

Nice....hopefully not something I get to look forward to with my samsung.....DH keeps putting off doing netflix and stuff...i know he'll flip a lid if it doesn't work....

The problem is only with older models. You will LOVE it once you get it set up.

Respected Contributor

PS: MickD we have 2 Samsung Smart TV's and one Samsung regular large screen. WE LOVE them all. This is not really a problem with the t.v. It has to do with something that the ISP provider did that is not compatible with the older models.

Honored Contributor

Good to know Scotttie! Good luck with those lazy rat b*st*rds......

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

This happened to me a couple of times, though not recently. Deleting cookies, cache, and relaunching the browser fixed the problem before.

I think they've had another series of website glitches recently, most notably the missing or mangled "Wish List" for most customers. One technical problem after another.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova