Trusted Contributor

Re: I am seldom speechless, however, my former SIL

Some things should be thought, not said.

Some ppl don't know the difference.

Trusted Contributor

While I would probably be in shock as well if someone said that to me, she likely didn't mean anything by it.

Since she hasn't gone through the loss of a spouse she doesn't know how it feels and how long the mourning actually lasts.  Although it didn't sound positive, she may have actually meant it as something positive (albiet somewhat insensitive).

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy  No drama, just a rude comment in my opinion.  I wasn't getting rid of DH's belongings, it was kitchen related things of mine.

As a matter of fact her husband, DH's brother asked me a month ago if I was selling his riding mower.  I told him no.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Whoa!  For me, your DH's brother's question would have upset me more than the comment from his wife!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy  No drama, just a rude comment in my opinion.  I wasn't getting rid of DH's belongings, it was kitchen related things of mine.

As a matter of fact her husband, DH's brother asked me a month ago if I was selling his riding mower.  I told him no.

The fact that you refer to her as "former SIL" is in itself dramatic.  Why look for something/someone to be offended. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy  She is my former SIL. When my DH died I am no longer related by marriage.  If my MIL and FIL were still alive they would be my former in-laws. 

I do not know the future about things I can't control, however, I can say I will never date or remarry. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy  She is my former SIL. When my DH died I am no longer related by marriage.  If my MIL and FIL were still alive they would be my former in-laws. 

I do not know the future about things I can't control, however, I can say I will never date or remarry. 

If you intend to be say you married for life, they are your family for life. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde   Yes the mower comment didn't make me happy, but didn't surprise me from that brother.  DH has several brothers  and he is my least favorite.  An igornant comment from him was no shock.  

Respected Contributor

Why try to stir up hard feelings in the family by telling your grieving daughter?

I avoid drama as much as possible..,,,don’t need to create any.

And many people DO remarry.  My father was deeply in love with my mother, and he remarried less than 2 years after she died.  Remaining single doesn’t mean you somehow loved your deceased spouse “more”....it’s about how you choose to live the life that is dealt to you.

I sincerely hope things calm down for you, and wish you well.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy   You are a delight.  I am no longer married, I am a widow.  I just have no need or desire to marry again.  I had a wonderful kind man for 50 years and no one will ever measure up to him.  Have a nice day.