Honored Contributor

Re: I am seldom speechless, however, my former SIL

@cherry wrote:

Its not what you have said ,as much as how you say it. By your admission most people work on your last nerve..I am sorry. It must be very dificult for you

There does seem to be a grumpy factor in a lot of her posts.  It could be the result of recent events which would kind of give her a pass...

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@cherry  and @BeautyLver   Not difficult as long as people leave me alone.  I have kids, long time friends I can trust and my family.  I don't need anyone else.  I may not have DH any longer but I still have more than a lot of people. I love the people I have in my life now and that's all that matters to me.

I don't think you need to keep justifying yourself. 

It seems like you're just venting and you don't need people to approve of your actions. 

Super Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@cherry  and @BeautyLver   Not difficult as long as people leave me alone.  I have kids, long time friends I can trust and my family.  I don't need anyone else.  I may not have DH any longer but I still have more than a lot of people. I love the people I have in my life now and that's all that matters to me.

If you want people to leave you alone, maybe posting your business on the internet is not the way to go.  As well, tell those whom you wish to leave you alone, to simply do such.  Lashing out at others who are just being human is unkind, futile and draining.  

Respected Contributor

I'm still trying to figure out why what your SIL said left you speechless and shocked. I see no harm intended by what she said.  Perhaps that is her way of saying I don't want the items, or the future may hold someone else for you. You don't know.  I'm just not seeing bad intentions where there are none.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

She was probably thinking that maybe you should keep these things that  have meant so much to you. In due time you may want them. If she had taken them I am sure there would be some that said look how she took advantage of her SIL while she was grieving. People are often criticized for not reaching out to the bereaved. It's a wonder anyone does because it seems nothing that is said or done for grieving widows is the right thing. You know you are d----d if you do and d----d if you don't.  

Respected Contributor

I wrote a post then deleted it, decided the situation was too personal to the OP, too emotionally complicated, too sad.  I've never lost a beloved spouse, I suppose my nerves would be raw, too.  Widowhood must be a nightmare under the easiest of circumstances.  May any of us who are destined to make the transition do it with as much grace as humanly possible for the sake of our own sanity and for the sake of those around us.