Honored Contributor

Re: I am not a fan of a host ...

@Magny wrote:

having one “live” garment on the rack, & showing the other colors on .com.  How are we supposed to get an idea of true color by looking through 2 screens?  To make it worse, sometimes the one real sample is black.

@Magny 

Your title indicates you aren't happy with a host, but the real problem, I believe,  is how QVC does their presentations.    I don't watch much live QVC anymore, but most items have some sort of video online that you can view.   

Even if they show ALL the colors, that doesn't mean the colors will be accurately represented.  IMO, there's always at least a little color distortion.  I've ordered a few things that weren't the exact color they appeared to be when presented.

Honored Contributor

I know the bright camera lights make the garment a few shades lighter than what you receive in your order.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand the complaints that the title doesn't match the content of the post because the eclipses indícate the sentence is unfinished or something is left out but once you open the post you can see that the sentence is completed in the first line. I think most people know this but never miss a chance to berate someone, so you've done your job. 

Or perhaps, there is some disappointment that this isn't a host bashing session. 

Or rather, the title doesn't fit in the allotted space. 

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I don't understand the complaints that the title doesn't match the content of the post because the eclipses indícate the sentence is unfinished or something is left out but once you open the post you can see that the sentence is completed in the first line. I think most people know this but never miss a chance to berate someone, so you've done your job. 

Or perhaps, there is some disappointment that this isn't a host bashing session. 

Or rather, the title doesn't fit in the allotted space. 

@GenXmuse   Exactly! 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the OP.  The whole point of shopping television is to see things live.....on models of different sizes wearing the different available colors.  I realize that some things come in many colors and that can't have that many models on wet, but come on, have them on a rack and on set so they can be shown.  Isn't that part of the host's job?  Give the measurements, colors, and any other pertinent info.  Use the time allotted for that instead of a family update or a made up excursion of where we might wear the item being presented.

If I wanted to look at a screen shot of the online information, I would go to the website.  

I think that businesses are taking the Covid excuse beyond what is necessary.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!