Respected Contributor

Re: I am looking forward to things getting back to normal with Christmas over

I'm ready to put everything away and return furniture to it's original places. I will miss my decorated mantel, tho.

Respected Contributor

On 12/26/2014 traveler said:

I'm ready to put everything away and return furniture to it's original places. I will miss my decorated mantel, tho.

I agree. I enjoy mine Thanksgiving through Christmas but then it's time for me to move on in the New Year. Good thing we are not all alike!
Respected Contributor

It has been a tough year I am ready for the new year.
Trusted Contributor

I always find it so sad here when I see Christmas trees out at the curb on Dec 26th. Where I grew up in the UK Christmas celebrating goes on for two weeks and trees and decorations stay up til Jan 6th. Here it is 3 months of build up and all over in 24 hours!
Honored Contributor

On 12/26/2014 Lynneuk said: I always find it so sad here when I see Christmas trees out at the curb on Dec 26th. Where I grew up in the UK Christmas celebrating goes on for two weeks and trees and decorations stay up til Jan 6th. Here it is 3 months of build up and all over in 24 hours!

I said the same thing on another thread. I could not believe the number of trees I saw on the curbs this morning.

Honored Contributor

I love this week between Christmas and New Year's {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

All the hustle and bustle of Christmas is over, now there's time to sit around and enjoy leftovers, look at your new presents, and maybe read a new book you've been given.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

I am still tired from hosting Christmas Eve dinner and traveling to my husbands family (out of town) on Christmas day. We don't have anything to return, we love all of our gifts.

But today DH and I decided to grab a quick breakfast out and headed to the movies. Now we are relaxing.

I used to let the decorations up inside and out until New Years Day, but I think Im going to take everything down (inside) tomorrow. DH does the outside so he said he will take that down New Years Day.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

I'm happy it's over and looking forward to spring.

Honored Contributor

We've had so many wild events going on the past couple of months, I'm not sure what is "normal" anymore.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I also love the week between Christmas and New Years. Work in education and fortunate to have the week off. Time to take on some tasks, work on the budget for the coming year, meet friends and reflect on hopes and plans for 2015. Don't like the cold weather, though.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau