Honored Contributor

I am glad I knew the Q board in it's infancy

I have met so many wonderful people in the years I have been here. I don't go back as far as some of you. I have learned so many things here. We have laughed and cried together..

Sometimes , I changed peoples opinion,  and sometimes changed mine. I have lost some of the ladies I truly admired. I saw people bid Aunt Bertie and loving  goodbye. I am so happy we were given that chance

I saw Neener's husband  find our how much we loved his wife, and I think it touched him

I have truly mourned those that we lost, I think of Bairn fondly, when  NY Eve comes around, remembering the fun we had with our pot banging

I am so glad some of you have remained, and happy to meet new nicks

Thank you for being my friends..(Yes I do have friends in real life too,) but the Q ladies/gentlemen have always been a special bunch..it is a different sort of friendship ,but one that I have really enjoyed....I just want you to know this    Heart

Respected Contributor

Re: I am glad I knew the Q board in it's infancy

What a sweet post.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree @cherry  i haven't been on here as long as some but I can't get over how I can come here with the simplest question and get replies. I love all the recipes and fashion advice and the ones who post pics and ask opinions and the TV recommendations. I truly love the community. Thanks to all who answer and create the posts they do. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

Thank you for such a nice post @cherry . My eyes teared up as I read it and it touched me dearly...very heartwarming!Heart

Trusted Contributor

In the beginning the boards were called SHOPTALK.. I have been a member since then..a long time...I don’t post that much but I read everyday..

Thanks @cherry that was a very nice thing to say...DW

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think there are people still here who remember the boards from way back when.  When there were 2 sides for the boards one for discussing qvc products and one side where people could discuss real topics in today's headlines.  when people would post discussions in the fashion forum because they didn't feel like crossing over to the other side.

When there was an ignore button where you didn't have to see certain posters' post.

A name I remember from the past is applebetty.

the boards have gone thru a few changes 

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry What a nice post and a walk down memory lane with the special friends you have had in your life. I too, have been around here for a really long time and also, remember ShopTalk and the sweet people I met there. Time does move fast, but memories last. Heart

Trusted Contributor

Thank you, Cherry for your wonderful post and for thinking of us.

I've been on these boards since Day One of ShopTalk. I remember the late maddogs fondly. She helped me with advice and follow-up when as a new empty nester I was having trouble training an impossible puppy.....who was with me for 17 years and became the love of my life. Also who was never 100% trained but maddogs advice was sound. I mourned her passing and bought a piece of her QVC jewelry when her daughter had an eBay "estate auction".

I remember our continuing saga of QVC hapless heroine Joanna. We posters were irreverent and wickedly funny. I've always believed the Q went to a new Board format to stop the hilarity.

I come her almost everyday and also enjoy the wisdom and long-distance friendships. How would I ever know what the Royals are wearing if not for these boards?

Best wishes to all for a blessed holiday season.

Candy

Respected Contributor

@cherry   ITA.  Thank you for posting this.  I think this venue provides a unique way for us to connect and share information and ideas.  I've learned so much from reading these boards, and I feel like I know each of you almost as well as if we had met in person.  Cat Happy

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@candyagain Oh, yes, Joanna was so much fun and a bundle of laughs! Who knew that the Q shoppers could be so cleaver and humorus with their story lines. That was a sad day when they changed the boards to something entirely new. I recall the outrage and dis-pleasure for quite some time there after.