Valued Contributor

Re: I am considering changing my appointments

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I just read an article that said if it's something that can wait then cancel it.

The article considers "old" to be 60+ and that over the age of 80 should be even more cautious.

It's on CNN Health if anyone wants to read it.

No thanks!!

Respected Contributor

Me, too.  I started Physical Therapy at a local hospital.  The last place I want to be right now.  I already mentioned to my therpaist I will probably postpone for a while and then resume at a later date.  He completely understood.

Trusted Contributor

@SunSprite,

I've changed appointments before and have never been asked why.  It just threw me off for a minute.  But I certainly understand.

Esteemed Contributor

I got an email from my eye doctor yesterday that said all patients will be tested for Coronavirus upon entering and not to bring anyone who doesn't have an appointment with you. If you do they are to wait in the car. Unless you have an appointment you can't come into the waiting room.

Esteemed Contributor

Your eye doctor has access to a supply of test kits?

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager  she must mean screened.  You wouldn't get a test result that fast.  

Honored Contributor

You would be wise to postpone your appointments if they are not critical to have right now. Some drs are having staff call patients to reschedule already. Nursing homes here are not allowing visitors. I doubt they are the ones who would be bringing the virus into the facilities...I am sure it would be the workers far more likely to do that.
Super Contributor

From what I have heard.....if its not urgent....they are suggesting you reschedule....if its something that can wait....if not keep appointment....

Valued Contributor

I am considering cancelling an eye doctor appt. scheduled for March 30.  I think I still have time to wait a bit more then decide.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am hoping to obtain more information about what to do with this situation of upcoming appointments. I have a dental appointment on April 2 and received a reminder card in the mail yesterday. I have a lab draw at the clinic on Monday for a lab test I need because of being on Coumadin and I got a reminder call yesterday. I will have to go in for that, but may wear a mask. It is scary.