Honored Contributor

Re: I am cleaning every thing in sight

We deep clean each spring and the kitchen always takes the greatest amount of time. It's a good feeling when done.

Respected Contributor

I'm cleaning everything in sight, too.  In my mind. Maybe tomorrow, maybe the weekend ... we'll see. 

Esteemed Contributor

If I am going to be inside my home almost all day, every day- it has to be clean-really clean! Thank goodness I downsized to a smaller home or I would have lost my mind by now. 

Today, in addition to all the cleaning I did around here I noticed that the blinds in the kitchen are dusty. Tomorrow I will make sure they are cleaned, along with the blinds in the DR (6 windows total) and whatever else makes my list for the day.

Honored Contributor

I used Murphy's oil soap when I had wood cabinets that were not painted white. It removed a lot of dirt/grease I could not see but does not harm the wood.
Respected Contributor

Yes.

Clean, clean, clean.

Sanitize, sanitize, sanitize.

UM where you get the cleaners, the wipes, and the sanitizers.

I am cleaning too but I am tired of every government and health official telling me to use wipes, use sanitizers, and keep everything almost sterile. I am trying.

Where are the products for the public.

Soap and water and towels and washing machines.

Alcohol for the throat.

Esteemed Contributor

My DH and I started to do an entire spring cleaning job in the house last week.  The main floor is done & the finished basement should be done in a day or two.  Let's just say that everything sparkles from top to bottom.  I like to clean & declutter, so it wasn't an overbearing job with both of us helping each other.

It's too bad company isn't coming right now!

Honored Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

I have projects every day. My husband helps sometimes.

@Catiele  If you ask?😄. I know all about that!

Esteemed Contributor

@piperbay you can mix small amounts of Dawn dish soap and white vinegar in a bucket of warm water. Use microfiber towels if you have them for cleaning your wood kitchen cabinets.

Trusted Contributor

I moved into my apartment mid August.  So, besides cleaning the ceiling fans a few weeks ago (who looks up?), I've of course cleaned, but Good Housekeeping would not put me on their magazine cover.

Well, these past few days, I've made up for that.  I now have an electric stove in black - not good for someone with OCD.  Sunday night I stripped the top and really dug in.

Monday I cleaned the rest of the kitchen, cleaned my Keurig, toaster oven, wiped everything down, put all cutlery in the dishwasher.  Wiped down the cabinets in and out.  It was like the first day I moved in!

Cleaned out my pantry - gosh I have too much Lock 'n Lock! 

Today I attacked the bathroom (save the best for lastWoman Tongue).  Even though I spray the shower stall everyday, I know it really needs a better cleaning.  So got out my Mr. Clean eraser pad and feel much better looking at it.  

I've gone thru the 2 bedrooms, cleaned out closets.  Got 3 more tops to iron and then I'll have nothing left to do!  Or I can start over.Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

See the source image

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~