Honored Contributor

Re: I am back in Kindergarten!

@Goodie2shoes @songbird @izziebee @qualitygal 

@homedecor1 and all Ladies,

Let's not lose this!  It's beauty transcends time!

all i really need to know i learned in kindergarten | Kindergarten poems, Kindergarten  posters, Kindergarten

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   Aww, that's so sweet. Your grandson will remember you going through kindergarten with him forever.That will be a cherished memory for you too as you watch him grow.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  You need a good size copy of that and put it in a frame.  That's so good!!!

Respected Contributor

I did the same last year for my granddaughter in Kindergarten. It was fun for her and me and kept me active! Especially fun was Spanish class; neither of us knew what the teacher was saying-hehe!  Enjoy. My granddaughter is in first grade now, in school full time.  It's good for her to be back around other children. Unfortunately the social connection with classmates is so vital at this age. Hope your granddaughter gets to go back soon but in the meantime enjoy your time together.

Contributor

That is great!  A few helpful words of advice from someone that taught cyber kindergarten last year.  Please have your grandson learn to log in and use the computer himself even though I know it is tempting to do it for him. I had parents/grandparents that did everything for their kids on the computer and their kids struggled when they returned to school.  We do expect kids to log in and get to resources by themselves.  It is painful at first but so worth it in the end.  Also, I had lots of parents/grandparents literally telling the kids the answers and "raising their hand" in meetings.  The kids looked horrified as they didn't want to answer and I could hear their "helper" clearly telling them the answers.  Cyber kindergarten is not for the faint of heart.  LOL!  I also had the opposite scenario when one sweet girl shoved handfuls of cotton candy into her mouth for 35 minutes with no parent in sight.  Sure she paid for it later.  Never a dull moment!