Honored Contributor

Re: I am back in Kindergarten!

@Goodie2shoes   Lucky grandson and daughter!

Honored Contributor

Thank God for grandparents like you!     

Super Contributor

@Goodie2shoes , Did you get to have milk and cookies afterwards when you got home?

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Honored Contributor

I think we all could do with refresher kindergarten class. Brush up on how to: share, wait your turn, play well with others, listen, co-operate, take a nap, refrain from biting people...the list goes on and on. We'd all be better for it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Contributor

How fun! I started out teaching second grade, then moved to first grade, and then taught kindergarten. It's the best. I went home laughing every day.

Trusted Contributor

That sounds wonderful for you. Enjoy. 

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

How wonderful for you🙂🙂

My GD who surprised during some very long days (during the shutdown) drove with her dad 1500 miles to surprise us.  First thing she let us know after she said "surprise" she had school (virtual) so "no talking" during class time! And believe me we're good students...Lol

Enjoy these special moments🌷🌷

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I thought I was done with school at 71 but I find myself back in Kindergarten again. Now some may say I needed to start all over again Woman LOL   

Well the truth is that I am helping my 5 yo grandson who just started virtual Kindergarten this year. My daughter works from home due to covid and because this is not like virtual preschool was last year when she could handle it  I get up early, drive to her home and I'm in my seat with my grandson sitting next to me in front of the laptop waiting for school to start at 8:30 am. Today via zoom the teacher read a book called 

"No David !" about a little boy who was always in trouble including picking his nose, running outside naked, breaking a vase etc but in the end his mom hugged him and told him she loved him.   Cute book !

So I think I am going to enjoy repeating Kindergarten  although by the time I get home at about 2:45 after school is out for the day I find myself ready for a nap !  I think my grandson loves having me there so I will not be a kindergarten dropout

I absolutely love that.  Heart

Frequent Contributor

That's great @Goodie2shoes! Cherish the moments!💗

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did that, but in pre COVID days.  My son was in Kindergarten.  I got a part time job doing Chapter 1 (tutor for reading and Math in need kids)  It was in the classroom and I was also the teacher's aid.  I worked at my song's elementary school from Kindergarten to 5th grade. Some years, I did Kindergarten, 2nd grad & 4th grade. They also used you as a substitute teacher.  Then I went back to work full time.  It was fun and I loved the kids.  It was an ideal job for a young mother that worked her child's school hours.