Respected Contributor

Re: I am already ready for cooler temps....it is just too darn hot

Here in northern NJ its rained 15 days in June.  We havent had summer yet!!!

Honored Contributor

I'm ready for some warm temps!  Our weather has been miserable.

This weekend we had temps in the mid-60's and tons of rain.

It started raining again about 2 hours ago and it's a whopping 65!

Honored Contributor

debcakes wrote:

Chickenbutt, Sounds like you may need to move. Lots of places have not had summer, yet.  62 degrees and cloudy here.

Well, the bummer is that there was a time when I was in a transitional situation and I considered going back to CA (CA has all kinds of different climates, which is nice) and I decided to stay because we had about 2 weeks of hot here and many many months of cold and winter.  Now, it's too late, and our climate is completely different - practically opposite of that.  Smiley Sad

Back then I didn't have this physical/immune situation - I just HATED summer.  So it was perfect for me.

Honored Contributor

@Robin1869 wrote:

I am so ready for fall.  It is suppose to get to 109 today. I am in California.  On top of hot weather we have a drought.  Robin

I think about you Californians a lot.  My heart goes out to all of you and I hope the rains come soon.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

After the extreme winters we've had for the past two years, I prefer all the rain, humidity, or heat mother nature throws our way. My tolerance for winter decreases each year.
Respected Contributor

We're having yo-yo weather here, just like we did all winter and spring too.  We go from days on end of extreme and unseasonable high temps to days of endless heavy rain and chilly temps.  Yesterday, we had a full day of sunshine YIPPEE, but temps only made it to the low 70s and it was very breezy - too cool for swimming.  Today - heavy rains again (3rd time my backyard has flooded) and it's only gotten up to 61 so far.  YUCK.

My grandkids and I love to swim.  I'm just grateful we got to start swimming early this year, it makes up for the long periods we haven't been able to.

Honored Contributor

wookie wrote:
After the extreme winters we've had for the past two years, I prefer all the rain, humidity, or heat mother nature throws our way. My tolerance for winter decreases each year.

Hey Wookster!  I'll trade you a whole bunch of your winter for all the summer you can handle!  Smiley Happy   I'd be happy with 12 months a year of winter.

Respected Contributor

@Surfnturf wrote:

Same here!! 

I love the longer days too!! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Please send the rain and cooler temps, and prayers, to Washington state.  They are battling a fire in Central Washington that has destroyed 28 homes and some businesses and isn't under control.  :-(  The temps all over are just too hot here.

here and here

Respected Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

Please send the rain and cooler temps, and prayers, to Washington state.  They are battling a fire in Central Washington that has destroyed 28 homes and some businesses and isn't under control.  :-(  The temps all over are just too hot here.

here and here

Oh how I wish we could.  The first time my backyard flooded a few weeks back, I was standing in water up to my ankles on my patio, even though I'd set up my portable submersible pump with a long hose sending the water out to the front to run down the driveway.  It couldn't keep up.  All I kept thinking as I watched the water start flooding into my garage and getting close to coming up over the stoop into the main house was how come we can't find a way to send this water where it's needed most.