Trusted Contributor

I am already ready for cooler temps....it is just too darn hot

I know Summer just started.....but, I have had enough. Like it in the 70's, not the upper 90's! The Today's Special of the skirt with leggings is a hoot! LOL! Who would wear those in this heat? Sell them in a few months maybe?
Honored Contributor

Re: I am already ready for cooler temps....it is just too darn hot

I feel like we haven't had any summer yet.  It's been so rainy and the temps have been very mild.  I'm in Chicago.

Respected Contributor

Ha!  If you like it cool (and often wet), you should be living here in NE Ohio.  We're still waiting for summer to begin.  It's supposed to be in the low to mid 70's all week with rain in the forecast almost every day (we're already on track to have one of the rainiest Junes on record).  If it ain't snowin' it's rainin'.  I don't know what's going on, but I do remember summers here where you actually needed to use the A/C for weeks at a time!

Laura loves cats!
Regular Contributor

I am so ready for fall.  It is suppose to get to 109 today. I am in California.  On top of hot weather we have a drought.  Robin

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

I feel like we haven't had any summer yet.  It's been so rainy and the temps have been very mild.  I'm in Chicago.

It's been rainy here, but not mild. Temperatures have still been in the 80s and 90s with the rain and humidity has been very high, which makes it feel even hotter. Today it's supposed to be in the 90s with rain and humidity and expected to feel like it's in the hundreds. Last week I went to take my trash out and it literally felt like I walked out of my apartment and into a sauna. I could SEE the air, it was so humid and hot. I thought I was in Florida instead of central Texas.

Esteemed Contributor

Hot & humid here in SC! I'm over it already and the hottest part of our summer is July/August. I walked early this am - it was 76 and the humidity was 97% - I'm starting to feel like I live in a cave - blinds closed and I rarely go out - temps expected to be in the 90's again with heat index way above that - uck

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would like to emphasie with those of you who are too hot. It just rained a little here so there is steam rising from every inch of the ground and concrete.  Last week we had a couple of days when the temp was 98 and the humidity was 100%.  Unbearable. You could barely breathe the humid air in.  Hurry, October, please!!!!  We're in S.E. Louisiana.

Honored Contributor

I'm in the mid-Atlantic area and we had several temps in the 90s during June.  But I'll take them over the winter we had last year any day.  Sorry.

Honored Contributor

It's 63 right now in Buffalo...and sunny, for a change.

Honored Contributor

I've always hated summer and this year I've been whining about it since before it was even officially summer.  I'm ready for it to be over any time, but it just started.  Smiley Sad  

I never did like the heat, for some reasons related to my childhood, but now I can't even be in it for more than a minute or two without getting sick, so I make every effort to avoid it.

We really got ripped of this last winter, so I didn't feel the relief that winter usually brings.  I sure hope we have a winter this next time!  Smiley Happy